second alternator bracket Lehman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddyo

Guru
Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
Does anyone have a picture of a 120 Lehman with a second alternator? Source for a bracket?

We have a FL SP135 with 2 alternators. A fabricator made the bracket. You could make a template, with a few dimensions and have one made. The picture was to show the belt tensioner not the bracket. Hopefully you can get the idea of how the bracket was made. If that's what you're looking for I can get you some more pictures and/or measurements.

Attachments

• Picture 521.jpg
    Picture 521.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 150
That's a great shot of the tensioner. Yes do you have anything else on the bracket?

Daddyo: The bracket was made from 1/4" stock and it's a small frame alternator. The bolt pattern on the front of the SP135 maybe different than the FL120. The last 2 pictures are looking down and looking up.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 142
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 128
Love that tensioner. I now have a new project for next winter! Thanks for sharing.

Do you have one or two engines and are they counter rotating?

I am not sure but if the alternator spins the wrong way will it still work?

I was working on a friends hydraulic motor. It was used and came off a boat with twin gassers. The pump was mounted to the left turn motor.
When we hooked it up it would not work. Reversed the motor and it worked like a charm.

I dunno just thinking.

Sd

PS Larry using a turnbuckle for a tensioner. What a great idea.

Hero status dude.

Last edited:
Do you have one or two engines and are they counter rotating?

I am not sure but if the alternator spins the wrong way will it still work?

I was working on a friends hydraulic motor. It was used and came off a boat with twin gassers. The pump was mounted to the left turn motor.
When we hooked it up it would not work. Reversed the motor and it worked like a charm.

I dunno just thinking.

Sd

PS Larry using a turnbuckle for a tensioner. What a great idea.

Hero status dude.

I'm so embarrassed but thanks. :hide:

We have 2 alternators, same size with identical 3 stage external voltage regulators. One alternator is for the house bank and one is for the engine: no switches or combiners other than disconnects.

Attachments

• Picture 524.jpg
    Picture 524.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 166
I'm a big fan of using unconventional thing in conventional ways.

I have a few things rigged on my boat that work like a house a fire. People just shake ther heads and laugh.

One instance is I have hydraulic power steering. The pump is mounted on a bracket with a lever. Pull the lever it tightens the belt. Push it the other way and the belt slips right off. no tools required to change the belt.

Sd

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom