Anchor set spray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodsong

Guru
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
saw this posted on another forum- anyone use this spray to help them get their anchor set??!! :socool::rofl::socool:

Attachments

• Fortress.jpg
    Fortress.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 106
Duuuude. Seriously? Maybe just spray some PAM on yer anchor. LMAO.

I'm sure it's sold at West Marine for $19.95 per bottle and highly recommended to increase your boating pleasure.

Pam??? No way- that stuff is NON-stick! :dance:

Where can I buy Red Oil for my port light and Green Oil for my starboard light?

Woodsong said:
Pam??? No way- that stuff is NON-stick! :dance:

It'll make the anchor slide right into the mud. LOL.

:lol: It’s probably a product derivate from the good old snake oil :hide:

Below the waterline... I'd use 5200.

saw this posted on another forum- anyone use this spray to help them get their anchor set??!! :socool::rofl::socool:

Did you photoshop that yourself or just create the label and stick it on a bottle of Windex? ;)

I used to do that sort of stuff at work just to stir the s**t. Make bogus labels and stick them on spray cans.

It's for real, its just had the label modified. Grave diggers use this stuff (under a different name) for burials at sea!

Oh Goodness Gonzo, never use 5200, you'll never get the anchor out!

What!I use it all the time with 100% success.I can't believe you people would think that such a great product could possibly be a gimick. :nonono:

:lol::lol::lol:

It would be funny as heck to have a bottle of this onboard, to pull out when another boater starts whining about their anchor not setting or holding.

Too funny! I think i should make some of these bottles up and try and sell them to my first time boat buyers and explain that it is a liquid epoxy resin that magnetizes the surrounding substrate of the sea floor so as to mechanically attach the anchor to the sea bed in a more positive way and sell them for $49.99 per bottle and see how many folks buy them. :)
Ok..that would be cruel but still kinda funny to ponder.

Since I have a Bruce, my problem is not so much setting the anchor, it's releasing the anchor.

That's when I break this out. Works every time.

Attachments

• whoopass.jpg
    whoopass.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 243
Too funny! I think i should make some of these bottles up and try and sell them to my first time boat buyers and explain that it is a liquid epoxy resin that magnetizes the surrounding substrate of the sea floor so as to mechanically attach the anchor to the sea bed in a more positive way and sell them for $49.99 per bottle and see how many folks buy them. :)
Ok..that would be cruel but still kinda funny to ponder.

First, you'll have to convince them that they need to buy an anchor. :rolleyes:

Woodsong, you could place it on the shelf next to the emergency bottles of dehydrated water. $5.99 a bottle, very light, no expiration date, and very easy to use! Great for ditch bags, I have 4 in mine. I know it was dumb to buy that many, I could have made do with just one as they are re-useable too!

What's really needed is something that will allow boaters to throw their anchors further! :D

An anchor launcher is in order. Maybe slingshot style, or potato gun style. Or convince them to get a:
podcastimage_281536.gif

An anchor launcher is in order. Maybe slingshot style, or potato gun style. Or convince them to get a:
podcastimage_281536.gif
Aha! You want a "Flook", "The Flying Anchor"(reg`d TM).
The bundle of original papers with my 1981 IG includes a brochure for this amazing device. Evidently the PO was not persuaded,fitting a CQR instead.
The brochure begins: "Developed in Australia with assistance from the Royal Australian Navy, who made the original prototypes,THE FLOOK is a new type of anchor with incredible "flying" capabilities.( Note;I`ve never seen one on an RAN ship)
The brochure features an underwater photo of the Flook "in glide mode"(no fish shown,they`ve wisely got out of the way), "when launched into the water..it automatically takes off and flies out through the water at a glide angle of 5 to 1 until it lands on the seabed....a quick rearward jerk on the line opens its unique differential pantograph and drives the flukes into the sand or mud". "The pantograph fully opens to an angle of around 32 degrees forcing the swallowtail points into the seabed."
Imagine the anxiety of boats already safely anchored on pedestrian CQRs in a sheltered bay when a boat arrives with the hyperactive "Flook", on the bow, primed for action.
I`m not up to posting the 4 page brochure,I`ll get help if anyone really wants to see it. A quick description though, it resembles a cross between a flying fish and a Danforth, with just a hint of whale harpoon. BruceK

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom