Exhaust Elbow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue Heron

Guru
Thanks to JAT, I was able to locate a replacement exhaust elbow for my Perkins. I found the Bowman Heat Exchanger but I was stopped at the elbows.. MESA Inc from Fairhope Alabama manufactured for me. Will let you know how the install goes.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 114
Looks good Blue.
During my repower I bought a SS high exhaust elbow from National Marine Exhaust. That was the end of my exhaust elbow problems. Cost $750. I'm back in Thorne Bay so can post pics again.

Attachments

• STH71436.jpg
    STH71436.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 113
wow that is a beauty! I look forward to reading about how this project goes.

Thanks Guys. Here is a shot of the inside of the exhaust and a pic of the accompanying wet el..

Attachments

• el1.jpg
    el1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 120
  • wetel2.jpg
    wetel2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Exhaust Elbow
Thanks to JAT, I was able to locate a replacement exhaust elbow for my Perkins. I found the Bowman Heat Exchanger but I was stopped at the elbows.. MESA Inc from Fairhope Alabama manufactured for me. Will let you know how the install goes.

Yes, Mark at MESA owns part of my wallet too!! I take it you have 6.354 NA's.

Did they move out of Mobile, AL or just a different shop?

I'll be needing to replace one of my elbows soon. Was it more than the exhaust manifold? (Last one I bought was around $2000)

Larry B

Larry, they are in Fairhope. Near Mobile. Mark said the price for stainless will be the same through the year. He quoted me ballpark for a heat exchanger around 1800.00

Yeah, They do a really nice job, their stainless work is flawless. They have all the jigs to make them exact replacements. I've replaced both my engine exhaust manifolds with their Stainless models. The first one about 10 years ago and the second 3 or 4 years ago. Both were perfect fit and no issues.

I was able to buy the raw water supply inlet/outlet elbows for the exhaust manifold and the exhaust risers from North Harbor Diesel in Anacortes some years back. They were still available in cast iron at about $60 each. I don't know if they still are available.

Larry B

Here ya go.A little elbow grease to help the install go a little easier.

Vintage+Sister+Elbow+Grease+6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom