New details on Rainha Jannota

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Portuguese

Guru
Vessel Name
Rainha Jannota
Vessel Make
Curruira 46
Guys she is getting bigger as time goes by. Now, I am looking at June 2013 to launch it.
Have a look at some details

Attachments

• StairDown to ER.JPG
    StairDown to ER.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Ceiling structure.JPG
    Ceiling structure.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 90
  • OS of tanks.JPG
    OS of tanks.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 99
  • WallsStructure.JPG
    WallsStructure.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 2012-03-26 08.26.52.jpg
    2012-03-26 08.26.52.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 2012-05-28 09.28.24.jpg
    2012-05-28 09.28.24.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 95
It looks very good,
Cumprimentos!
Steve W

Yeah! She's coming along just right

There is a lot of old style craftsmanship going into your boat. Love to see it. I remember a sign in the Uniflite Plant in Swansboro, NC. It said

If God had wanted us to have fiberglass boats, He would have given us fiberglass trees!

...That's correct moonstruck..

A Sample of the inside floor

God I look good in there!

A stairway to the Engine room from the stern deck. You don't have to get into the boat to get into the Engine room.

The Transom. Remember, although you see the color of the wood, every piece that you see is covered/impreganted with 3 hands of epoxy

Attachments

• Sample of Inside floor.jpg
    Sample of Inside floor.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 101
  • I look good in there.jpg
    I look good in there.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 89
  • Stairway to ER.jpg
    Stairway to ER.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Transom.jpg
    Transom.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Nice work, Portuguese!

It's fun to watch your dream come to life. I think privately many of us are wishing we had the time, skills and space to do the same thing.

Awsome just awsome.:thumb:

FlyWright
No dream in life is easy or cheap to achieve. To build Rainha Jannota, I am away from my family 242 days a year and I am pouring my savings in this project. The other 123 days are totally devoted to the boat. The only things I haven't sold yet are my house and my soul. We only have one old car, a 2006 VW Jetta, we don't go out, we haven't had vacations and we try to save a penny in everything when we can. The good think is that this is a joint dream/project, my wife's and mine, so there are no complains and every time we see progress we feel good and happy. We BBQ sausage and chicken and we celebrate with beer.

It has been 5 years now. FF, Rick B and Philphil are some of the members who have witnessed this progress from the beginning.

Last edited:
She's looking great.

Muito bem!

FlyWright
No dream in life is easy or cheap to achieve. To build Rainha Jannota, I am away from my family 242 days a year and I am pouring my savings in this project. The other 123 days are totally devoted to the boat. The only things I haven't sold yet are my house and my soul. We only have one old car, a 2006 VW Jetta, we don't go out, we haven't had vacations and we try to save a penny in everything when we can. The good think is that this is a joint dream/project, my wife's and mine, so there are no complains and every time we see progress we feel good and happy. We BBQ sausage and chicken and we celebrate with beer.

That, my friend, is total devotion and true passion! How great that your wife is right there with you in fulfilling your joint dream.

fantastic. Thanks for posting the progress photos.

It has been 5 years now. FF, Rick B and Philphil are some of the members who have witnessed this progress from the beginning.

You wouldn't happen to have a blog or a build post at another forum detailing the build in photos would you?

Beautiful boat:thumb:

FlyWright
No dream in life is easy or cheap to achieve. To build Rainha Jannota, I am away from my family 242 days a year and I am pouring my savings in this project.... We only have one old car, a 2006 VW Jetta, we don't go out, we haven't had vacations and we try to save a penny in everything when we can.....It has been 5 years now. FF, Rick B and Philphil are some of the members who have witnessed this progress from the beginning.

I've been watching on with interest too Portuguese....and hey..your car aint old at all...mine is old... 1990 model...but look what a new coat of paint can do....just like a boat, (and we boaties maybe)...age is a state of mind..

Attachments

• Celica makeover.jpg
    Celica makeover.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 77
First cruise is for you and bride to celebrate!!

Will we all be invited on the second cruise?

CP
Yeah! Before I discovered TF I was in Cruising Forum and plant some pictures from the very beginning of the boat. But that was only for a short time. I also have a blog in Portuguese but I haven’t work much on it. Cruising on a motorboat is not part of the Brazilian culture yet.

Peter
I am sorry for not mention you. We have been talking about this since 2008, remember? As a matter of fact, I don’t intend to sell my car when all the spending is gone. I will “tune” it up as my sons recommended.

FF
With all the sincere contributions that you have poured in my boat, your invitation is category AAA.

Thanks to all that follows this so exciting progress. At the end of the day, this fulfillment is the value of Life.

Rgs
P

Looking great! Both my wife and I enjoyed your photos. Please keep posting the progress.

Cheers

Hey Port, you are doing well. I have a cousin who started building a 55 ft Samson Sea Strutter ferro cement yacht in ...let's see...about 1980 when we got our first boat, a Tasman 20 trailer yacht...we are into our 5th boat since then...but his yacht, sadly, is still sitting in a yard behind where he lived and unfinished. Did a beautiful job of the basic hull - maybe didn't quite account for the fact the fitting out is the same cost, no matter what is saved on the hull. Does that make your 5 years seem just a mere click of the fingers..?

Well;
I stopped for 2 years actually. 2009 and 2010 were dead years on developing the hull. We cut the frames and put the skeleton together and then, we stopped. The crisis was really bad, I don’t need to remind you how bad, and I went into a cocoon figuring out if that was a too big of boat for my buying capacity or what.
I came to a conclusion that yes, she was too big, but, with an extra effort, I would be able to build her up to the point where selling her, in case of emergency before launching, would not have been a big of a problem. Therefore, I would have lost some of my investment, but not all.

Now I can see that I can handle. I will not have fancy electronics, which I am replacing with paper charts, most of them used ones. I also have already a Simrad NX-40 for which I will by a radar antena when I can. That will be the first thing to be purchased after launching

The anchor winch is not a primary brand but will do the job. It is the cheapest on the market at it is at the top limit of capacity for the boat. Its maximum workload is the minimum Rainha will generate. So I will have to be very careful when pulling my anchor.

My lightning is very good quality domestic LED. I know it wont last long but it will last long enough for my finances to recover and I will be replacing them slowly as they brake, with Rainha already floating and cruising. However, the cabling is first class marine grade, as well as the panels and all important electrical hardware.

My batteries will be good quality truck ones. No marine grade batteries in my boat, not now, not ever. I have not yet seen enough evidence that a marine battery lasts longer than a truck one.

The genset is a Chinese 6 KVA air cooled farm one. I will be building a sound barrier for it with a fan that blows outside air inside of the shield. I paid $1500 for it. If it lasts 2 years, it will be good. I will then look for a marine second one fairly new even a new one. Who knows?

And so and so on! The idea now is to launch it and make it work. Have first class structure and let easy changeable things to be improved much later.

Last edited:
The boat is looks and coming along great. Thanks for sharing picutres and the adventure.

When we remodel when through the boat we used 90% domestic, lighting, paint, wall paper, auto batteries/parts and they all still work today. :thumb: So install what works and you can afford. Most new boat look more like a RV/Home than a boat.

My wife and I at the time could not afford, and did not like the marine/boat lights as they were to shippy for us. So we bought domestic AC 120 volt fixtures and used DC 12 bulbs, which work today just fine. All the batteries I buy at a battery out let store, here in Everett, which the plant also buys batteries at whole sale price.

When we first bought the boat, 17 years ago GPS and electronic charters where just stating to become popular. Before that time Leonor and paper charts where the norm. So for 3+ years we used a portable Garmin GPS, which I still use today, and paper charts which at the time was what most boaters where using. We where one of the first to have GPS and electronic charts but at the time the response/refresh time was so slow many times we where at/past the point the GPS said we where coming to. So now 15+ years later our then new Rayathone state of art is out dated/old fashion compare to the new fancier stuff. :confused:

Also we have to make decision concession to own/live on the Eagle. We both drive vehicle that are 12+ years old, we buy most of our stuff at pawn/value/discount stores. So we can afford to dress like we are use to, yuppie metro sexuals, suits/ties, leather/fur coats/jackets and have extra spending money to help children/grandchildren. Being a live aboard has made us to simplify our lives and be our selves. :)

So don’t think for one moment that other have not been and still scrimping to own/live on a boat. You are doing what many of use wish we could/would do.:thumb::socool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom