• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: 1986 30' Scout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only are those stats not fantastic but if you'd slowed down to 6.5 knots you could have lowered your consumption to under a half a gph which is what I normally get. Now if I could just do something about that rolling.

Thanks for the updates on the names and if i can help in anyway let me know.it sure is great when some keeps good records when they make long passages it show what a long slim boat can do.

if I could just do something about that rolling.

That's just part of the charm... ;)

Attached photo of PAHOO rolling along in the Gulf of Mexico
(33hrs from Apalachacola straight across to Tampa Ship Channel + Bradenton, FL - Jan '10)

Attachments

• GulfCrossing1.jpg
    GulfCrossing1.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 256

(33hrs from Apalachacola straight across to Tampa Ship Channel + Bradenton, FL - Jan '10)

I assume she rolls slow and gentle like.No deep heavy keel to snap her back up.

I assume she rolls slow and gentle like.

A description of the Scout 30's roll characteristics may depend on the disposition of the owner! Capt. Bob Volk, ex owner of the well-traveled Scout RIMA, told me that she could snap-roll as easily as an aerobatic biplane!

I have always been a small boat enthusiast, so I don't mind the roll, although all the cabinet doors below are tied during passages. Many stores were launched across the cabin during our first rough conditions: a clear sky crossing Lk Michigan from So. Haven to Chicago in 5-7ft seas in late Oct '09. Several times we took green water over the bow, and several times the towed dinghy went completely airborne. (We were very late getting off the lake, and had only a 20hr weather window to reach Chicago.)

I have since learned to trust and appreciate her lively motion, although it often helps to hang on to something!

Sounds like you guys have enough Scout interest and owners to start a Scout Forum right here on TF.

I hope you post more pics, interior and exterior. Beautiful boat, gents!!

When I found my Scout on Yachtworld it was at the Toledo Beach Marina. It had been storming for several days before I flew up to see it. When we took her out for a sea trial the waves were very regular, steep & so tall that the bow of the large Hunter sailboat following us was coming out of the water enough that I could see the keel. I had the helm as the owner had gone forward to close the ports. When I brought her around I intentionally took a wave broadside. The boat handled it fine & we were never close to capsizing or getting water in the cockpit. I did however scare the crap out of the salesman riding with us who promptly asked me never to do that again. I told him if I was going to buy her I needed to see what she could take & I did.

:) I like the idea of a Scout Forum....

As do I. Having just joined this forum, I'm not sure how to go about making that happen, but I will gladly lend support.

Just removed both fuel tanks yesterday. Will have them shortened because, at my rate of consumption, there's no reason for me to be carrying 100gal of fuel around. I think I'll use the new additional space on each side (aft of the shortened tanks) for 2 batteries. I'll be changing out hoses for scuppers, tank vents, etcetc that look like no one has touched them for many years. Am looking for small contortionist to help with that project!

In the off chance that a new Scout 30 Forum would be interested in such things as 'removing fuel tanks', or 'reworking the engine space', I think pix of such things might be of interest. For example, PRINCE OF TIDES has a wonderful engine space, as I'm sure do others. Owner Michael Lanier would be very interested and helpful on such a forum.

Guys, go here and post a request for a new Scout Forum. One of the Mods can set one up for you.

Only an Admin (JanetH or Andy) can setup the software to add another subforum. Mods cannot.

I've made that trip a couple of times. About 175 miles a long ways from shore. Never would have thought of using the Scout as a PASSAGEMAKER. Udaman:thumb:

I don't think anyone's planning on crossing the Atlantic in one but I think they are capable coastal cruisers. I hope to take Olive to the Bahamas one of these days.

Scout 30 SubForum

Only an Admin (JanetH or Andy) can setup the software to add another subforum. Mods cannot.

Gonzo.. After phone conversations with several Scout 30 owners who are in favor of some kind of forum/clearing house, and in reading positive comments on this thread, we would like to proceed with the idea of a Scout30 subforum first suggested recently by FlyWright.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Can you help us with our next steps?
Thank you.

Sea scout

Was this the boat used in the Hallmark movie "Daniel's Daughter"? We live in CA and have a 1979 Sea Scout powered with a Perkins diesel.

Can you post a pic of your boat?

Y'alls boats are fine looking, sort of have a mini-Titanic look from the bow facing aft from the pics posted.

Did a Scout 30 thread ever get started?

In the fall of 2012, I did attempt to get a Scout 30 SubForum started; however, for my own lack of knowing how, it just didn't happen. Subsequently I did put together a Facebook page with the title "Scout 30 Owners Group".

It has been well received, and we truly hope that it will continue to be a helpful resource for owners and enthusiasts of these special little yachts. There are many photos posted, showing various details of over 20 boats. As they are now up to 30yrs old, there appears to be significant restoration work being done, equipment upgrades, and many new coats of finish being applied!

Perhaps a subforum here might be useful as well.
Thanks for your interest, Reuben!

I have been infatuated by the Scout since her introduction. My current interest is that I feel this easily driven, pocket cruiser is close to ideal for electric propulsion. I am heavily vested in hybrid boating owning a 12 meter solar-diesel-electric boat, the DSe 12m.

Should I wish to proceed, I would like to find an "aging" Scout in need of a new motor (since that would be the first item to replace).

Being an aficionado, I'd like to join your Facebook group (I have found it!)

Are Scout 30s and Maple Bay 30s related?

No. The Maple Bay 27 was built by Dallas Selman, in Cobble Hill (near Duncan BC) who then sold the moulds to Jim Scrivins in Victoria who modified them to produce the 30 and 32 models.

Given that the 32 was powered by a 54 HP Isuzu it could also be a candidate for Rueben's electric motivation, although it has a different aesthetic. A nice aesthetic, mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom