Why A Yacht Is a Good Investment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like his logic of sailing to BVI instead of storing for the winter!

For your mental health maybe, but not your wallet!

Video - Wealth: Why A Yacht Is a Good Investment - WSJ.com

I agree 100% with the video. However, if you buy a used boat at the right time and price it can be an investment. A boat can be as much of an investment as a dirt home. However, if we did not live on the Eagle, we could not justify the time and cost as it takes to maintain the Eagle. The cost of owning the Eagle is a little more than our 3000+ square ft house. However, I would much rather be spending time working on a boat then maintaining a house. :thumb:

The main advantage is your mental and physical health by staying active and being in the elements. Most people say I look 10 years younger than I am. :socool:

Phil

We got to see a picture of you so we can be the judges of your statement...:whistling:

Phil fill

Come on its the PINK BUNNY SLIPPERS that have you keeping that young mental thingy going on.:rofl:

Phil fill

Come on its the PINK BUNNY SLIPPERS that have you keeping that young mental thingy going on.:rofl:

Gee, I was hoping the PINK BUNNY SLIPPERS where forgot.:hide: However, I still wear them on the cold days to keep my pedicured toes warm. :flowers:

Attachments

• Pink Bunny slippers.jpg
    Pink Bunny slippers.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 91
Don't let dwhatty near those slippers. They may "grow legs."

Don't let dwhatty near those slippers. They may "grow legs."

God! They would be the perfect compliment to my Breton Reds ensemble. Thanks Flywrong.

Interesting story. I agree with all of it except the quote: "Owning a yacht is reserved for the wealthy." BAH! We are NOT wealthy. Owning Skinny Dippin' is a sacrifice of many things. You just have to know how to commit to it. Then enjoy it with your soul.

I agree, but we don't own a million dollar yacht either. That's the part that is reserved for the wealthy!!

But I love my 'lil pig probably as much as he loves his $1M yacht. I just have to use more lipstick to make it look pretty!

Like you, I'm sure many of us make sacrifices to enjoy this lifestyle, but no complaints here. It's the lifestyle that I enjoy so much, including the boat tinkering and work.

Pass me some varnish and another beer while I catch this fish at sunset!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom