Jon boat registation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

10jonboatman

Veteran Member
Look at the picture would I half to register my 10 foot Jon boat with motor?

Attachments

• image-3570742691.jpg
    image-3570742691.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 129
Yes. Since they make a distinction later on about non-motorized sailboats that are under 12 feet long, and also call out non-motorized canoes, kayaks, and rowboats, many of which will be over 12 feet long, it's pretty obvious to me anyway that what they are saying in that first sentence is you have to register all motorboats, and you have to register any sailboat, motorized or not, that's over 12 feet long.

It's not a very well worded sentence but based on the rest of the rules I believe you have to register your boat since it has a motor on it.

Well, "all motorboats" seems to cover it, but if that's not clear to you, a call or visit to the agency in your state that registers boats would be a good plan.

you didn't seemed concerned about being stopped when I discussed overpowering so why worry about registration?

especially with this in your other post...

"And I'm only using it on a small river where no cops will even bother patrolling it." :ermm:

Last edited:
Why do I have this vision of America's Funniest Home Videos in the making.

I think it's hysterical that a guy with a 10 foot jonboat is on and doing fairly well at occupying the participants of a trawler forum...like there aren't about 5000 other types of boating forums out there that may be closer/more help...:rofl:

Look at the picture would I half to register my 10 foot Jon boat with motor?

Yes,all motorboats.That is any boat that carries a motor.It doesn't matter if it's gas,diesel,propane,or electric.I am surprised that they require sails boats over 12 feet to be reg'd.

I think it's hysterical that a guy with a 10 foot jonboat is on and doing fairly well at occupying the participants of a trawler forum...like there aren't about 5000 other types of boating forums out there that may be closer/more help...:rofl:

I posted a link to tinboats.net in one of his first posts.That's all those guys are about,jboats.I used to mod over there.

I think it's hysterical that a guy with a 10 foot jonboat is on and doing fairly well at occupying the participants of a trawler forum..

His other boat is a Nordhavn 62. The jon boat is the dinghy to his tender.

His other boat is a Nordhavn 62. The jon boat is the dinghy to his tender.

If that were tue...his lawyer would be worried about the title, HIN and registration. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom