How to register a boat in wi help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You will need to ask that question with the boat licensing agency in your state.Don't go out on an unregistered boat.Most states impound unlicensed boats and sell them at auction.

ben2go said:
You will need to ask that question with the boat licensing agency in your state.Don't go out on an unregistered boat.Most states impound unlicensed boats and sell them at auction.

Ok, thanks

ben2go said:

And I'm only using it on a small river where no cops will even bother patrolling it.

All I need to now is if I need the serial number if I do it's gone

Yes, you will need the hull identification number(serial number as you call it) and also a previous title or registration signed over to you with a bill of sale.Some areas require it be notarized.

ben2go said:
Yes, you will need the hull identification number(serial number as you call it) and also a previous title or registration signed over to you with a bill of sale.Some areas require it be notarized.

Well I have none of that bought the boat for $100 on cregslist

Attachments

• image-2662952544.jpg
    image-2662952544.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 115
rwidman said:
You should have gotten that from the seller. For all you (and the state) know, you may have purchased a stolen boat.

Yah but I know it was not stolen, he was a good guy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom