If I wanted to see Trawlers in San Diego ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OneofSix

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Always Home
Vessel Make
DeFever 47 POC
Newbie here. We are living in sunny Arizona. Interested in 'the good life' of trawler'g in our retirement starting with the Great Loop. The closest water source to us is San Diego. Lots of marinas and this might sound like a real dumb question but I really have no idea where the best places to visit. I have read that we need to visit Public Marinas to look, chat, and scope out different kinds of trawlers. Where do we begin? In the next several months we can take long weekends to follow ya'll recommendation.

Your recommendation for a marina that has the best prospects for Newbies like us to see, smell, feel the wonder of boats?

Thanks. I am somewhat embarrassed to ask. :confused:

Harbor Island, and Shelter Island both have many marinas. Both are downtown, with harbor island being directly behind the airport.

If you walk the marinas on a weekend you will see owners on board. Just walk up to them and tell them that you are looking at trawlers and want to learn about why that boat owner picked his boat. Most love to talk about their boats and why they bought them.

Great advice yachtbrokerguy. In our experience we haven't met a boat owner that doesn't like telling us about his boat yet. Met some really nice people walking marinas. Just be friendly, not overbearing and prepared to listen if they have time. The early mornings are seldom a good time(many may be preparing to leave), afternoons are great though.

Back
Top Bottom