Where's Walt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marin

Guru
Just curious, but does anyone know what's become of Walt? I know he left the forum some time ago over an issue with, I believe, posts being changed or deleted by the previous administration. But with his frequent contributions and the interest he stirred up with his stated inention to give his current boat away, I wonder every now and then how he's doing, if he's still involved with boating, if he still has his boat.....

I think the people he gave the boat to brought it back and said thanks but no thanks after filling it up once.....Just Kidding, no idea where he is.

He kept the boat and is still using it and keeping it in A+++ condition.

He lurks this site often. Maybe someday he will again grace us with his "presence".

Mabye it's like Evil Kinevl saying he's going to jump whatever and then not doing it. Can't show his face. If so he'll get over it in time and by then we will all have practically gotten over it so look for Walt in the future. This thread may draw him out too.

He kept the boat and is still using it and keeping it in A+++ condition.

He lurks this site often. Maybe someday he will again grace us with his "presence".

Would Walt keep his boat anyother way?
sd

Mabye it's like Evil Kinevl saying he's going to jump whatever and then not doing it. Can't show his face.
Eric, that ain't it, and it's uncharacteristic of you to say something like that.

Moon,
Well he did sorta lead us on some. Turned out to be a good thread though. I like Walt. He was the first person I talked to on the phone from the forum back in 07. Walt was a good poster from the get go. I'm quite sure he'll be back. I could be jealous he's gett'in more attention than me though. HA HA I hope.

Moon,
Well he did sorta lead us on some. Turned out to be a good thread though. I like Walt. He was the first person I talked to on the phone from the forum back in 07. Walt was a good poster from the get go. I'm quite sure he'll be back. I could be jealous he's gett'in more attention than me though. HA HA I hope.

I thought that you liked Walt. It just didn't sound like you. If Walt returns, I'm sure that he will explain what was going on about his boat. He has given one away before, and has the wherewithall to do it again. I don't think he was giving us any BS at all.

Besides, you just don't know what was being said about you when you were away moving to the states.:D:D:flowers:

Besides, you just don't know what was being said about you when you were away moving to the states.:D:D:flowers:

Yeah I started a Marin celebrity roast yesterday.

Should we toast him?:socool::rofl::rofl:

SD

Thanks for the update on Walt.

The forum was a more relevant place to visit when he was participating due to his boating, business, and overall life experience. We had a few private exchanges regarding his contemplated boat donation and what he said and his explanation made sense from his perspective. People do things that are obviously reasonable and logical in their situation but may not appear so to people in different situations. I believe this is one of those instances. Also, time has a habit of making an idea that makes sense now perhaps seem less attractive down the road.

In any event, it would be nice to have him back as a participant again if for no other reason than Walt was the one guy I could always count on to "get" what I wrote.:)

I have never met Walt but hope to someday through a mutual trawler forum friend who has kept in touch with him and actually visited him fairly recently. I may be making this up (I have a terrible memory) but I think they went out on Walt's boat together.

I have never met Walt but hope to someday through a mutual trawler forum friend who has kept in touch with him and actually visited him fairly recently. I may be making this up (I have a terrible memory) but I think they went out on Walt's boat together.

Yeah, Walt is not too discriminating, and doesn't really care who he is seen with.:angel::facepalm::hide:

I think you may be referring to a certain aviator forum member who photo documented a horrible, glaring deficiency in Walt's refrigerator so that it did not pass survey.

wwally.jpg

wheres-wally.jpg

Yea I started early on thinking Walt would get pretty excited about giving it away but ... what a great idea and then down the road think Hmmmmmn maybe this isn't such a great idea. A plan to kill your wife's lover may be rather right on at first but when one starts think'in later on ..... I like Walt's boat a lot but wouldn't want to own it (especially w Walt look's over my shoulder). That chrome anchor though .... that's another story. but I am glad to hear he still has it.

Marin,
Does "get what you wrote" mean agreeing w you? Ha ha I think I even agreed w you ....... once. Actually many times. But I'm sure we both had moments when we thought the other never a greed w us.

Moon,
I pointed out something that I thought was wrong w Walt's boat but fortunately he disagreed w me. Yes.

Dude,
You didn't roast Marin did you?

Marin,
Does "get what you wrote" mean agreeing w you?

No. Walt and I didn't agree on several things, one of them being politics.

Walt has the ability to figure out meanings without needing a string of emoticons to help him out. You don't have to See Spot Run one's writing for Walt to understand and appreciate it. He "gets" subtlety.

I think you may be referring to a certain aviator forum member who photo documented a horrible, glaring deficiency in Walt's refrigerator so that it did not pass survey.

The truth is that the moderators banned Walt due to his libation void refrigerator. It was indeed one of our fellow TF members that documented and confirmed this terrible event. Us mods were truly shocked he would let his fridge be so devoid of alcoholic refreshments and it really became the straw that broke the camel's back in regards to his being on TF. We can stand bayliners and all kinds of terrible things but NOT empty refrigerators with not even a cold PBR in it.;):socool:;)

Just kidding obviously- Walt is very much NOT banned and couldn't imagine ever doing so. Like all positive and contributing members that are not here at various times and various reasons, we miss him being on TF and I know I for one hope he comes back to say hi even if he has no beer or liquor in his refrigerator!! :thumb:

The truth is that the moderators banned Walt due to his libation void refrigerator. It was indeed one of our fellow TF members that documented and confirmed this terrible event. Us mods were truly shocked he would let his fridge be so devoid of alcoholic refreshments and it really became the straw that broke the camel's back in regards to his being on TF. We can stand bayliners and all kinds of terrible things but NOT empty refrigerators with not even a cold PBR in it.;):socool:;)

Just kidding obviously- Walt is very much NOT banned and couldn't imagine ever doing so. Like all positive and contributing members that are not here at various times and various reasons, we miss him being on TF and I know I for one hope he comes back to say hi even if he has no beer or liquor in his refrigerator!! :thumb:

:thumb:

Please don't scare me like that.I can't drink due to health reasons.Being banned, due to lack of adult beverages, would be most upsetting to me. :lol:

Well, I'd be banned, too, Ben. The only "adult beverage" we drink on the boat is red wine and that doesn't go into the fridge. So a shot of the inside of ours would send me down the same path to oblivion as Walt.

Mabye it's like Evil Kinevl saying he's going to jump whatever and then not doing it. Can't show his face. If so he'll get over it in time and by then we will all have practically gotten over it so look for Walt in the future. This thread may draw him out too.

I thought that you liked Walt. It just didn't sound like you. If Walt returns, I'm sure that he will explain what was going on about his boat. He has given one away before, and has the wherewithall to do it again. I don't think he was giving us any BS at all.

I agree, Don. Anyone who doubts the veracity or integrity of Walt doesn't know the man. He says what he means and he means what he says. I admire that about the guy.

I believe Walt fully intended to give away his boat IF he decided to do so, but he made it clear throughout the tread that he had not decided whether to keep it, sell it or give it away. Much depended on his attitude toward boating and his ability to enjoy the boat. Here's a shot of him enjoying the boat, which he has been able to do regularly.

img_97071_0_402fb368820d45c288398bcc0ac9a218.jpg

Yeah, Walt is not too discriminating, and doesn't really care who he is seen with.:angel::facepalm::hide:

Ain't that the truth!! But they say it's easy to soar like an eagle when you fly with turkeys. (No pun intended, Phil Fill.) Personally, I like his choice of friends!

img_97071_1_5a30e17376ae580110d90f21f95a5f56.jpg

Please don't scare me like that.I can't drink due to health reasons.Being banned, due to lack of adult beverages, would be most upsetting to me. :lol:

OK, who was supposed to verify Ben's credentials to join this drinking club with a boating problem? Sheriff Woody, was it you who just rubber stamped his TF Card in one of your Barney Fife moments?

Ben, maybe if you had a note from your doctor documenting the medical necessity of your case, Woody can overlook this shortcoming. But if I was you, I'd avoid inviting any TFers on board until you either stock up or have written proof of your medical need. BTW, did he also prohibit you from being near or providing alcoholic beverages to drinking fools?)

In Walt's defense, it wasn't just his fault that the boat was in such a miserable state. I share responsibility for this gross oversight in that I showed up empty handed from my flight. (No, we don't have a mini-bar I could have robbed.) We both learned from this very embarrassing and humiliating public flogging from our most knowledgeable and respected peers. We have taken steps to ensure this NEVER again happens on our watch. Here is a before/after shot (previously posted) of our initial corrective steps taken to address this drinking problem.

Before:
img_97071_2_9ac583c9d93c48c49b6b54adced9454e.jpg

After:
img_97071_3_d7aef28de5c415754dab33c449781983.jpg

Al, do you take creamer with your whiskey??? ;)

As for Ben's status on TF, we cannot discuss individual pending cases but I can say that the appropriate cash bribe is reported to be in the mail. I had anticipated it's arrival in my mailbox yesterday but alas, it was not there. I have full confidence it will arrive today.

This has all served to remind me Al....I never did quite receive your fine for your PDEF infraction (Public Display of Empty Fridge). Sufficient time has passed whereby you should have had plenty of time between flights to put it in the mail. The late fees are getting pretty significant. Please send me your plan of action proposal moving forward for it's full and prompt payment. I may want to put more diesel in my fuel tanks this fall so prompt payment is critical.

;)

:smitten: I may have to fly out to revisit Walt this winter if the sad former condition of his reefer is now thusly permanently rectified.

Flywright said:
Ben, maybe if you had a note from your doctor documenting the medical necessity of your case, Woody can overlook this shortcoming. But if I was you, I'd avoid inviting any TFers on board until you either stock up or have written proof of your medical need. BTW, did he also prohibit you from being near or providing alcoholic beverages to drinking fools?)

I could stock up on adult beverages for the beer bandits that may come aboard.Doc says nothing about that. :thumb:

I could stock up on adult beverages for the beer bandits that may come aboard.Doc says nothing about that. :thumb:

You dodged a bullet Ben. That post saved you from certain doom :socool:

@ Al, Glad to hear Walt got his mojo back. He did say all along that IF he didn't only THEN would decide the disposition of his boat.

I for one never doubted his integrity although I somehow ruffled his feathers. No matter, I wish him all the best and would like to see him posting again.

Off Topic: Has anyone heard from Old Stone(Carl)? He was in the middle of restoring an older boat and disappeared.

Has anyone heard from Old Stone(Carl)? He was in the middle of restoring an older boat and disappeared.

I sure DO miss Carl (Old Stone). He was such a great guy and very nice on the forums. I hated to see him not posting as much. I was very much saddened to see how everyone attacked him when he posted his interior refit of his MT 50. There was no need for it and he is an accomplished and extremely knowledgeable boater and architect and certainly knows what he is doing.

Old Stone, Walt, et al, come back- you were great people and we enjoyed having you with us.

You dodged a bullet Ben. That post saved you from certain doom :socool:

:iagree::dance:

I sure DO miss Carl (Old Stone). He was such a great guy and very nice on the forums. I hated to see him not posting as much. I was very much saddened to see how everyone attacked him when he posted his interior refit of his MT 50. There was no need for it and he is an accomplished and extremely knowledgeable boater and architect and certainly knows what he is doing.

Old Stone, Walt, et al, come back- you were great people and we enjoyed having you with us.

Anyone have contact info?Maybe enough time has passed and they may be willing to come back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom