Happy Summer Cruising every one...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forty percent of all water from California (164,000 square miles) flows through the Carquinez Strait.

Not if Governor Brown and his southern California and agri-business constituents have their way and construct huge underground pipes siphoning Sacramento River waters before they get to the Delta.

Hey I got an Idea

Not if Governor Brown and his southern California and agri-business constituents have their way and construct huge underground pipes siphoning Sacramento River waters before they get to the Delta.
Why don't we just buy a couple of large barges a ship Washington rain down to LA. If we do it long enough we may upset the weather patterns of the North West and actually give them something they never get "sun" Meanwhile we would be saving our Northern Cal water from the robber barons of the south. If we ship enough water south perhaps the water that evaporates into the atmosphere of Southern Cal would give them rain, something they never see and the pristine waters of the California Delta would be all ours. :whistling: Was it three years ago that Seattle had a heat wave, yes sir it was in the mid 80's and the extreme weather alert was all over the news. Tricks on hydrating your dogs and cats, Sun burn warnings no less. I couldn't keep from laughing. I returned home to 114 degs , but it was a dry heat. Damn it's miserable here in the low 90's right now, delta water is in the mid 70's, not much wind, guess I'll have to take the kids out skiing or tubing, water quality on the Sacramento very good right now. Salmon are running and and trolling is an option, but I wouldn't want to get too sunburned so I'll go early before breakfast. Pear feastable next weekend, and the new wines should be ready for tasting soon at the Sugar Mill. Supposed to cool a little tomorrow into the mid 80's maybe I'll have to change to long pants.

Happy summer cruising, everyone.:dance::popcorn:

Moderator hat on:

Folks, we have removed many posts from this thread that had no bearing on the original topic. There is no call for insults between forum members. If you have a beef with another member please either take it up with them privately or report the issue to the moderators but DO NOT hurl insults at each other publicly. Please keep in mind that what one person thinks is good sport may be deeply offensive to another...

Take a good look at the forum rules. Specifically, they call for courteous posting and prohibit trolling:

Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
We are all here for the same reason - let's focus on the things we share in common, not the things that divide us.

There is some help available in this regard. If another member rubs you the wrong way, please add them to your ignore list (see option in user cp) you can ignore their posts and hopefully won't feel the need to take jabs at them. I encourage your to use the ignore function and let's get back to more collegial posting.

Last edited:
Grace has been underway since June 20th. Left Deltaville Virginia and have been in Maine for the last three weeks. Have been in the Mt Desert Island area for the last two and I'm not sure we're willing to ever leave! This place is incredible but swimming is out of the question.

We finally launched Budds Outlet this past week and we will be cruising around south Puget Sound for the next few weeks. I had a little mishap getting her out from under cover so I'm headed out this morning to get some stitching done on a rip in the canvas. That and replacing an antenna mount is what I get for not raising the door all the way. Thank goodness for the Admiral and her walkie talkie communications, it could have been far worse.

South Puget Sound is being visited by an estimated 70 canoes from indian tribes as far north as the the north end of Vancouver Island. There will be an estimated 1,000 paddlers being hosted by the Squaxin Indain tribe which is indegenous to south Puget Sound. Because we are moored near where they are landing we will be able to park nearby and observe the ceremony on Sunday. I don't believe we will boat on Sunday as it will be too congested in the bay.

Grace has been underway since June 20th. Left Deltaville Virginia and have been in Maine for the last three weeks. Have been in the Mt Desert Island area for the last two and I'm not sure we're willing to ever leave! This place is incredible but swimming is out of the question.

Give us a shout should you make it into Buck's Harbor.

Attachments

• boat card1.jpeg
    boat card1.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom