View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #20
stevensibs

City: Rockport
Vessel Name: Still Sibsie
Vessel Model: 42' Bristol Trawler
Thanks FF. Another avenue for me to consider. The new Lugger and one panel came in at 43k. The recon Cummins is 18k with two panels and 35' of harness for the flybridge and 15' harness for the pilothouse. All in all, a pretty good price and it's in my budget for the refit. I know they are reconditioned in Mexico; I'm not sure if that's bad or good. I've looked at them on the pallet, all gleaming white and nice looking with 2 year warranty or 2000 hours. One can't beat the parts supply and service centers of Cummins' network...anywhere I cruise I will find service. This choice certainly isn't about ego; I am refitting this trawler from the keel up, doing it right (imho) and want no trouble with the motor. The genset I have decided on is Northern Lights so naturally I looked into Lugger for propulsion. Cummins does have a recon engine of 180 hp @ 2200 rpm which I think more closely resembles the 160 hp I took out.
If you have any other thoughts I'd love to hear from you and the other guys that answered this post. Thank you all...