COMPLETELY NEW AT THIS - Please help me with my education

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now, where did I leave my crested nautical blazer?

Has anyone noticed that our 2 new members have not been participating in the conversation. Whether they are just sitting back taking it in, or left us I don't know.

Anyway for what it's worth, my two sons have told me that their best memories of childhood were doing things with our boats, and especially being around the Morehead City Yacht Basin. They took the dinghy up into the marshes, learned to filet fish, and shadowed James Hester the dock master around. They even watched wrestling with James in the lounge on Saturday nights. Later we added a 17' Boston Whaler for a ski boat. My gradsons have it now. My son has a 26' Whaler. We are still a boating family.

We didn't wait for retirement. In fact, I could retire now, but choose not to. I can cruise when I want. So, I can also enjoy the grandkids sports, and theater stuff. Still active in business, cruising, and family. Seems pretty good to me. You don't have to wait for retirement.

As one of the two new members, I can speak only for myself, but I am indeed following along! It's just that typing a reply and quoting someone as I am here seem to be either impossible or near to impossible from the IPad app that I usually use to read this forum. But even the head maintenance hasn't deterred these future trawler owners :)

I have the iPad app but unless I want to post a photo I use Safari/Google to get to the standard forum format on this iPad which is both wifi and 3G. I much prefer the standard format to the iPad app.

Marin said:
I have the iPad app but unless I want to post a photo I use Safari/Google to get to the standard forum format on this iPad which is both wifi and 3G. I much prefer the standard format to the iPad app.
I can upload photos from my iPad

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

Attachments

• image-2784537973.jpg
    image-2784537973.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 70
Marin said:

Just check the advanced in the upper corner Marin..

Attachments

• image-1376280973.jpg
    image-1376280973.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 73
Ocean Breeze NL said:
Just check the advanced in the upper corner Marin..

Thanks for the pointers. the more I jump around and read, the more I realize how much there is to learn.

Yep agree NCB, lots of info here to take in. The collective knowledge is huge which makes it an awesome site.

Elwin

Hey Marin, I believe I misread your post.. I read it too fast and thought you were having issues posting photos. :facepalm:

I love the Trawler app or that is what I use mostly when on the road or during the odd break at work. I use my iPad so much at work for business that I like taking a break from it and use the Laptop whenever I sit and relax at home.

Just preferences I guess..

Elwin

Back
Top Bottom