Key West

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brent Hodges

Vessel Name
Friendship
Vessel Make
Albin 43 Sundeck
04/01/08
Red Diesel
Conch Harbour
$4.45 / gal, all tax included.

Yowza! Remind me not to go there for fuel next time. Do you get a kiss from a pretty girl for that price?

Ken Buck

Ken,

Ya know... you touched on something there that I've been kicking around for about a year now:

Opening a fuel dock staffed by local college coeds.* Service with a smile, and similar prices to the other docks... maybe a tad higher.* They'd be able to pump your fuel for you... but how many of you would permit that?* So, they'll help you get tied off, stand around looking pretty (if it's hot out, probably in short shorts and halter or a bikini), hand you oil pads, take your money and cast you off.* Ask 'em nice, and they'd even wash your windshield.* Is anybody besides me having Cool Hand Luke flashbacks?
wink.gif

All things (like price) being equal, where are you gonna fuel up, given a choice?

I like it. Now add a wax/detailing service to go along with that and you might really have something. Kick back in the saloon with a beer and watch the sweaty, bikini-clad coeds go to work with the buffers. :)

Course you'd have to talk the admiral into abandoning ship for the day, which could add considerably to the cost....

I'll guarantee you lots of hired captains and crews will be there, price be damned, the owner's payin'!

I heard of a general aviation depot which has pretty girls driving the "Follow Me" cart and just hanging around, lots of corporate aircraft stop in there.
Steve

AdamT wrote:

Course you'd have to talk the admiral into abandoning ship for the day, which could add considerably to the cost....

Some things are worth paying for... and this might be one of 'em.* Give her a list of provisions and send her on her way:
  1. Beer
  2. Slim Jims
  3. Beef Jerky
  4. Coffee
  5. More beer
  6. Tequila
  7. Mango Margarita Mix
  8. Potato Chips
  9. More beer
  10. Rum
  11. Coca Cola
  12. Limes (gotta watch that scurvy)
That should keep her occupied for awhile

Comanchee Cove Marina in St Augustine already does it. All the dock hands are from Flagler College. Most are female, and yep, you guessed it, it's the most expensive marina in St Augustine.

Back
Top Bottom