View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #24
timjet
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwidman View Post
I just find it sad that someone would sign a contract with no intention of abiding by the terms of the contract.
Yes you are correct. I wish there were some feasible alternatives. Some may say there are and if I had a week to prepare perhaps so, but in talking initially with the marina supervisor he said he understood when I told him I have no plans on moving the boat if the marina tells me to do so. He also mentioned others in the marina have said the same thing.

The marina does have a fork lift capable of lifting my boat out of the water and placing it on their concrete parking lot. I'm concerned the fork lift would do damage to my boat but if there is room and that option is available I may do that at a cost of $2000. But in the end the money would be wasted because the storm surge would float the boat off the parking lot anyway and perhaps do far more damage. It is predicted that a cat 1 hurricane has a storm surge of 8 ft. Far above the parking lot pad.

Contracts are broken all the time with no consequences. I'm not saying it's right but it happens. I lost my define benefit retirement plan because my company broke the retirement contract. I'm fortunate that the govt allows me to work until age 65 past the previous mandatory age of 60, or my retirement would look very different.
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote