gulfstar 38 motor cruiser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericmin

We are close to purchase. Can anyone tell me is the hull cored on these boats? I found one post online that says it is. Nothing else. I am hoping for no core in hull.

I googled "gulfstar 38 motor cruiser solid hull" and found many references to a solid hull, but, that doesn't neccessarily mean the particular one you are looking at is.
The broker should be able to tell you or maybe there is a Gulfstar owners group you could ask.
The surveyor will be able to tell also if you have one done, and you should.
Good luck!
Steve W

Thanks, survey in the works, just read cored in one internet post and scared me. we will see. Any owners out there?

We owned a 38 that we sold in January. Cored above waterline only hull is solid. I know because wore out a hole saw putting in a transducer. The boat is built like a tank

The 38 as all GS’s are solid hull and as previously stated built for the kill. You may get a soft spot on the deck but you don’t have to worry about anything other than a blister below the water line. I have a 43 Trawler and she is the love of my life!

The 38 as all GS’s are solid hull and as previously stated built for the kill. You may get a soft spot on the deck but you don’t have to worry about anything other than a blister below the water line. I have a 43 Trawler and she is the love of my life!
There is also an GS forum.... heres the link. www.gulfstarownersclub.com

We owned a 38 that we sold in January. Cored above waterline only hull is solid. I know because wore out a hole saw putting in a transducer. The boat is built like a tank

I know this sounds dumb. But where was the propane locker on your Gulfstar 38. Just purchased one and the propane was removed. Want to put it back and can't find where the propane locker was.

On the fly bridge, forward of the helm.

Many thanks Ill check it out tomorrow.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom