Replacement for Benmar Cetec Autopilot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MichaelHHowes

I'm looking for information from anyone who has replaced an autopilot or who can speak to the related issues. I have an old Benmar Cetec Course Setter 21. Not functional. Has two control units (pilothouse and bridge).

So, I'm starting with the hydraulic connections and fittings associated with the Course Setter, but now need the rest of it. Does anyone have a recommendation as to the hardware to use? Are there specific considerations that I should be aware of? Am I asking the right questions???!!!!???

45 foot trawler
54,000 lb (wet)
Home port Hamilton, ON

Any advice or direction gratefully accepted.

Not sure if mine works or not, and can't locate an operators manual. It really pisses me off that the company wont give me instructions, to the extent I'm planning to change out the unit regardless of its condition. It's probably as old as the boat and ready to upgrade anyway so why throw good money after bad? Any info on the compatability of other control heads with the drive unit would be appreciated.

Not sure if mine works or not, and can't locate an operators manual. It really pisses me off that the company wont give me instructions, to the extent I'm planning to change out the unit regardless of its condition. It's probably as old as the boat and ready to upgrade anyway so why throw good money after bad? Any info on the compatability of other control heads with the drive unit would be appreciated.
...need more information.

They are still in business. Talked to a tech 6 months ago. Have you talked to them? They still rebuild the old ones and will probably sell you a manual or any other parts you need.
Service

Last edited:
I have this Autopilot and I have the manual. It's pretty thick, but I could scan some of the pages and send it to you via e-mail...... send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll see what I can do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom