California delta on the upcoming Independence Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mark, Vickie and I will be waiting for you:facepalm: I had to shut down my starboard engine for cooling hose failure near New York Slough, dropped anchor and got on the phone with the Cat folks. Couldn't find a local replacement so limped back in to Vallejo on one engine. I won't be able to find the correct hose until Thursday and need to go back to work next week. We'll be ready for the next excursion into the Delta toward the end of the month. You and Perla can follow us so you can help Mahalo Moi with the next calamity....:eek:

Mark, Vickie and I will be waiting for you:facepalm: I had to shut down my starboard engine ....:eek:

What a bummer.
petting.gif

We're bringing raw vegetables with blue-cheese dip, shrimp cocktail, cheese and salami, and cold cucumber-avocado soup for dinner on the Fourth.
hungry.gif
Will bring enough to share if that fits your plans. We intend to come to the Coot before six in the evening. Let us know.

Last edited:
We have a cheese platter, fresh fruit, chips, crackers, onion dip, beer, bourbon, rum, etc. I also spent about 12 hours brining and smoking (alder) three pounds of salmon. It's to die for:). See you around 6:00.

Yum!
hungry.gif
We'll be there.

Great fireworks show last night compliments of the Hilton Family. Saw quite a few displays we've never seen before. One looked like a swarm of fireflies scattering in all directions and the other was a dense display of white bursts that filled the night sky with a 'cloud' of white sparks.

Mark and Ray, you were missed in the delta. Sorry the mechanicals got in the way, but sounds like you've got a great Plan B.

Pics below from the infamous Gauntlet and a shot of our quiet anchorage. We were a comfortable distance from the mayhem to enjoy a peaceful respite from the action, but close enough to dinghy over to visit old friends and make new ones. (The Breeze Booster is in place directing more air through the forward hatch.)

Attachments

• gauntlet.jpg
    gauntlet.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 82
  • breezy.jpg
    breezy.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Just relaxing this morning in our favorite 'secret' cove with Pineapple Girl. We have company...a great couple from Oz/NZ visiting our favorite water hole. Looks like the secret is out!

img_93033_0_8681415da64ece1552607815da761e74.jpg

FlyWright said:
Just relaxing this morning in our favorite 'secret' cove with Pineapple Girl. We have company...a great couple from Oz/NZ visiting our favorite water hole. Looks like the secret is out!

image-506212311.jpg

Just jealously reading about your adventures while having breakfast in Orangevale..... Next time!

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

img_93072_0_8681415da64ece1552607815da761e74.jpg

Ya gotta take different routes to get there and make sure no one tails you on the way.:thumb:

Looks like a great little place just gotta shoo away all the pesty other boats.:rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom