Old 07-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
Larry M
TF Site Team

City: JAX, FL
Vessel Name: Hobo
Vessel Model: Krogen 42-120
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwidman View Post
I'm surprised that there would be access plates on the sides of the tank. I would expect them to leak, but apparently, if done properly, they do not.

My boat has just a couple inches of clearance between the top of the tanks and the bottom of the deck. No way to access through the top without cutting the deck.

I wonder if a professional like you used could cut access holes in the sides of the tanks and effectively seal them after cleaning the tanks.
Looks good Tom!

We also have side tank access ports. Unfortunately only one per tank and its in the forward quarter. Our tanks (2) have 3 baffles each. Later this summer I'll be adding at least 2 more access ports per tank. I'll install these most likely.

http://www.fisheriessupply.com/productgroupdetail.aspx?cid=102234&keywords=Seabui lt

I've talked with 2 other owners who have added ports. One used a hole saw and the other used a jig saw. I'll let you know how it goes.

As far as sealing the tanks, I have been in ours and never had any leaks. I assume Tom had new gaskets cut from the correct material for his.
Larry M is offline   Reply With Quote