Aluminium window frames...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue Heron

Guru
What the hell!? This trim reminds me of an old Trailer... anyone replace the window frames with Fiberglass or modern frames yet?

So what's a modern frame?

Modern Frame = New Billet Cut frames and / or Fiberglass, they are out there and being retro fitted to some of these boats.

Modern Frame = New Billet Cut frames and / or Fiberglass, they are out there and being retro fitted to some of these boats.

true but suppliers are few and far between and some i have seen don't supply all window types.

There's a plasic frame outfit up in the Eastern area of Canada...but the windows are expensive, shipping is a bid deal and you have to deal with an import issue according to them...can't be that big a deal...but there are so many domestic al frame guys..it seems the way to go.

When we were in the states, Diamond Sea Glaze did more window/door replacements then any other company we know of. They are in Canada and shipping to the US is not a problem. They also supply windows to a number of new US builds. We had friends who sent all the dimensions to the factory. When he got the windows back they went in easier than the old ones came out. They really dressed up his trawler and no leaks.

Diamond Sea Glaze

Last edited:
Yup Diamond Sea glaze.

A set for my boat cost more than I paid for the boat.

Nice windows. Real nice.

Sd

Have you priced them lately $2,000.00 a window is cheap.

Ok so I exaggerasted a bit.

Seem to be about the best you can get.

SD

blue heron
i HAD THE SEA GLAZE WINDOWN IN MY FORMER BOAT a marine trader I knocked two out in a docking accident Called diamond seaglaze with the numbers eched on the underside of the frame , 6 weeks later they were installed and fit perfect not cheap but quality rarely is

Folks have questioned my estimate that a sea going "blue water" boat coats 3X + what an inshore boat does.

"Yup Diamond Sea glaze.

A set for my boat cost more than I paid for the boat."

Windows is a perfect place to see what the boat assembler had in mind.

FF

Back
Top Bottom