View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #38
JAT
Guru

Vessel Name: Just a Tinch
Vessel Model: Gulfstar 44 MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heron View Post
Define your terms of "Generation".. I am 43 and I purchased my first Trawler. Moved up from a Boston Whaler. So I suppose I AM the next generation?
Yes.... you are the next generation.... I believe they labelled you gen "X".....why I don't know..... You and my son are about the same age.... and I have to say that if you are married you are luckier than he.... A few years back...he the computer geek...bought a 62' sailboat out on the west coast when he was working there...lived on it, sailed it, got good with it...then his wife started whining about the kids.... Hell, they LOVED living on the boat...they spent months living in Mexico and the kids learned Spanish and had friends down there....but alas...she pined for "dirt"....now he is landlocked on a piece of dirt in Texas...nice as it is....its still dirt. Kinda a semi-middle of nowhere deal, but hey....I think you get the picture....

My "blushing bride" of many years loves living on our boat...and I am thankful for that, truly thankful....because I don't plan to live on land ever again...

Sorry for the rambling... I guess my point is: You have your head screwed on right and have made some wise decisions....
JAT is offline   Reply With Quote