Favorite Cafe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Ocean Breeze
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 85OA38
Hey all, I need some opinions on what kind of Oceanside Cafe you had visit or frequently visit and it sticks out in your memory or, you love going there. I have searched online for designs and ideas and have some but nothing like other opinions.

Since there isn't a Marina in my hometown, I have to keep the Ocean Breeze in a Marina about a three hour drive ( 6hr steam ). So I have been looking for a dock or wharf to keep my boat near home but it was hard to come by but recently the most ideal place became available so I purchased it. One of our dreams was someday open up a B&B and thought about doing it at the cottage on the lake but we haven't ventured that way yet. Then with the purchase of our boat we talked about setting up a boat touring business when I retire. With this property however comes another idea with the other two and as per this thread I am also looking at setting up a sea-side cafe too.

What is more interesting I found out that my home town have approved plans in putting a Marina in over the next couple of years and this newly purchased property becomes the mouth of that Marina. This will now combine all my future plans into one area. As far as I know there aren't many pull-up Oceanside Cafes or Restaurants around my area although we have visited one in particular which is about a three hour steam. The owners of that place seem to be doing very well and at any given time there are three or four boats tied up there.

I was also thinking of having a small laundry service and a small supply area too for nicknacks but all is in the planning stages.

Anyway, I would like some ideas on what attracts you or what you look for when visiting a Marina or a port. I know for me it is hanging out at Starbucks or Tim Hortons doing the social thing. A hot bowl of soup, a small snack, homemade food etc works for me.

This is a few years away but I like getting some ideas ahead of time then based receiving permits to do this, I would like to have the best plan in place when placing it all together.

Here is a picture of the Marina Break-Water plan ( Red outline ) and a picture of our new purchase property ( red outline ) where I plan on placing the cafe with a tie-up.

Once again this will be a 6yr plan to put in place.

Elwin

Attachments

• SpringdaleNL.jpg
    SpringdaleNL.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 80
  • SpringdaleNL2.jpg
    SpringdaleNL2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Ocean Breeze NL said:
I know for me it is like hanging out at Starbucks or Tim Hortons or more social thing to do. A hot bowl of soup, a small snack, homemade food etc works for me.

Elwin

Sounds like a fine plan and a fun project. Small places like that are favorites of ours. I'm going to one in Santa Cruz in a couple weeks and PM you a couple snapshots if I remember.

I'll make reservations for two on opening weekend now please.

Sounds a great idea - wish we had one on our bay somewhere. It'd be the marine equivalent of a classic country cafe/roadhouse. Bound to be popular if the marina goes ahead. You'd have to have a loooong jetty set-up.

Yep Peter our thoughts as well. With all the boats around the area, I believe it will become a popular stop as well as those in town being able to hang out near the Ocean having a snack and a coffee etc. :popcorn:

Elwin
"Diners, Drive Ins and Dives", and other Food Network programs are a great source for what works. Original, over the top fresh, scratch made food and you can't go wrong. Don't try to do what everyone else is doing.

Elwin
"Diners, Drive Ins and Dives", and other Food Network programs are a great source for what works. Original, over the top fresh, scratch made food and you can't go wrong. Don't try to do what everyone else is doing.

Carey, did you ever get your roux perfected?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom