Floscan 9700 GPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobH

Guru
Vessel Name
Encore
Vessel Make
Whitby 42
Wondering if anyone had experience with that Floscan system. Since it gives MPG it would seem really useful to find the most efficient cruising speed under varying conditions.

Bob

I love mine. The hour meter and totalizer are great, not to mention the accurate tach. I saved a switch when I wired mine by combining the gph/mpg and totalizer reset using a single toggle momentary-off-on with the momentary for the reset and the off/on for gph/mpg.

Attachments

• IMAG0265.jpg
    IMAG0265.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 121
What are you using for the tach signal?

Bob

Since it gives MPG it would seem really useful to find the most efficient cruising speed under varying conditions.

The old system with a hand held GPS and a piece of graph paper allows you to refer to the chart as required.

Makes the underway "how goes it?" really easy.

FF

I have a Faria fuel manager but it didnt work on my diesel as it will not account for the return fuel. Giving a false reading on fuel used and GPH burned.

I have a Faria fuel manager but it didnt work on my diesel as it will not account for the return fuel. Giving a false reading on fuel used and GPH burned.

Fortunately, FloScan does take return fuel into account. (Note the two green-labeled white cylinders.)

img_92519_0_cf6519100439d64bb8cd772a999539ff.jpg

Last edited:
Thats great i use mine on my Gas center console and it works fine there and i will have to think about installing a floscan on the Honey Badger now that i know it will account and correctly give me stats on my fuel. I am installing a fuel preasure regulator to knock down my inbound fuel to the pump down to around 3psi i think i am getting way more return fuel due to the fact that its an aftermarket pump and its putting out about 10 PSI.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom