Look at the cool Advertisements!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:nonono: I still haven't seen any ads on my end.Maybe I am lucky and the interweb tracking thingamabobs aren't interested in my activities. :lol:

The funny thing is if you put something in like.

CHEAP CREDIT CARD LOW RATES BANK INTEREST

You soon see the Bayliner ad go away.

:(

Well, now he wants me to do a review on washers & dryers for Consumer Reports.

Considering that I actually did that a week or so ago, it's kind of scary that somehow it morphed into an ad on Trawler Forum.

But having said that, I find the current presentation of the ads unobtrusive, and if they stay in their current format I'll be quite happy.

Yeah, well this latest addition of adding the extra box that pushes the trawler discussions sidebar down is intrusive and annoying.

Creepy ad creep.

Yeah, well this latest addition of adding the extra box that pushes the trawler discussions sidebar down is intrusive and annoying.

Creepy ad creep.

Ahhhhh....the peace and quiet of Adblock....

well, this forum was cool while it lasted. i don't believe a person should HAVE to be subjected to advertising unless they ASK for it. i think it's time to move to another one that has no ads if one even exists. if there aren't any others, i guess it's sailing off into the wild blue yonder without advertisements. woohoo!!

With 4 posts, we'll miss you.

Quit operating your computer in the nude, and turn your camera off!!!:blush:

This thing's got a camera? Wait...what's this button here?

scaled.php

Hi Don!! Can you see me now?

I thought the ad about the docking loop was useful, especially since I can make one up for about $5.00 and an hour's time! I'm going to give it a try, been using something similar for years to tie up to offshore rigs for snapper fishing. It never occured to me it could make it easier to snag a piling or dock cleat.
Steve W

Adblock works well with Firefox.

Greetings,
Mildred????

cant_afford_me.jpg

Well,her shirt is matter of fact.You'd be broke by the time you paid off the plastic surgeons bill. :lol: She's a real fixer upper. :lol: I could go on but I will stop now.Gees I'm mean.:(

Didn’t Trawlerforum try the advertisement before to help cover the cost, but there were so few hits they stopped the ads, so we donated funds to help cover some of the cost. Maybe if you do not click on the ads, they will give up and go away like they did before. :confused:

I still do not have/see any ads. I guess they know I am too cheap! ;)

Didn’t Trawlerforum try the advertisement before to help cover the cost, but there were so few hits they stopped the ads, so we donated funds to help cover some of the cost. Maybe if you do not click on the ads, they will give up and go away like they did before. :confused:

Phil, I think it was the other way around. Some members were clicking too much on the ads. Google knows where the clicks came from. So, they may have thought that clicks were intentional to build up count. Maybe they were. So, they pulled the ads. Such clicks interfere with their reports to their advertisers about number of clicks on their ads. Does anyone else remember this?

With 4 posts, we'll miss you.

yeah, i don't troll like you do. just because i don't have 2K+ posts, makes me unable to voice my opinion? wow. get a life dude.

i actually have a life and get out on the water every day being retired at 40.

I still don't see the ads either and I have been looking for them.Some keep posting about this one loose girl's ad, showing up in their area, looking for dates.:lol:

Ginger or not,Mary Ann was the one when I was a kid.:angel:

Creepy ad creep.

I agree. Didn't mind the banner on top but this box makes the entire page look all messed up (on my iPad anyway). I understand the rationale and the need for income for a site like this but when the product becomes contaminated I just loose interest. I think the new owners should be careful with ads, they might just alienate a lot of users by filling the pages with commercial content.

Last edited:
haha mine are "Neiman Marcus"... nuf said!

I agree. Didn't mind the banner on top but this box makes the entire page look all messed up (on my iPad anyway). I understand the rationale and the need for income for a site like this but when the product becomes contaminated I just loose interest. I think the new owners should be careful with ads, they might just alienate a lot of users by filling the pages with commercial content.

If you are using the I-Pad download the app. I-Pad and Android app does not show the adds. If you load the webpage through either Safari or Google they show.

I use Safari for regular viewing or the app if I want to include a photo from the iPad. The ads don't bother me at all. I'm not distracted by them. I'm not even interested in $15,000 off on my next Bayliner....

Targeted ads

Notice the forklift and LP tanks. Glad it's not hair restorer or some other "revitalizer"! :)
img_91942_0_cb80aa80d59f85cb0b1e68a5199fe6aa.jpg

If you are using the I-Pad download the app. I-Pad and Android app does not show the adds. If you load the webpage through either Safari or Google they show.

I tried the App... for about 3 minutes. Didn't like the look and feel at all. But it's good to know I can upload a photo from it. Maybe I'll re-install it again just for those occasions when I want to share a picture.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom