View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 02:12 PM   #88
Jon

City: spragge
Vessel Name: Isle of Skye
Vessel Model: Bruckmann trawler
RE: Your boating history...

John Baker,
*the boat, Isle of Skye,*is a one off C&C built by Bruckman in Ontario for the Commodore of the Royal Canadian Yacht club in the early '70's. I believe he wanted it as a committee boat and also to tow a fleet of racing dinghies.
She's 37ft. on deck and 36 wl and 11 ft on the beam ( unfortunately all of the line drawings are on board about 800 kms from where we are in Quebec). Fitted with an HT 6354 Perkins, the PO said on a recent trip to the Bahamas, she averaged 1 1/2 gals per hour (not sure if that's USA's or Imperials) at 7.4 K.* Our trip up thru the Trent Severn supports those numbers.
She's got an awesome ComNav autopilot ( which is essential boatgear for us), a Sleipner 24V bow thruster, series/parallelled with a 12V Lofrans windlass which I just had rebuilt.
As Fast Fred has commented, she has a ball burner mounting radar fitted which will be going onto a radar arch as soon as I can figure one out. The PO's comment on the mount, however, made sense - if you need to use the radar,**why would you be operating from the flybridge?. Unfortunately, before I found this site and could look up the back posts, I'd already bought a Webasto heater (she has an engine heater) so I'll have to find a DC to DC to improve the supply voltage.
We haven't had her out in any rough weather but I suspect she'll outlast me.
The PO had a Kipor 2000 generator which crapped out so I'll probably go with a Honda 2000
Attached Thumbnails
shrunkonhardframing.jpg  
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote