Headed to Beaufort

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom.B

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Make
Navigator 4200 Classic
Anyone in the vacinity of Beaufort, NC over the next few days, stop by and say hello! We'll be there in about five hours :)

Attachments

• image-172889901.jpg
    image-172889901.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 135
Made it!

Attachments

• image-2070276030.jpg
    image-2070276030.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 162
The City Docks are empty! Are they still charging $2.00 or more a foot?

Yep, $2.30/ft actually. $2.64 with power. But hey, vacation... whatever.

The big crapper is that somewhere along the way, the A/C broke. And it's HOT. ****!

We haven't been back since 2009, right before Mumfest. Hence the mums on the dock in the photo.

A few more spaces were filled then, but I still recall it was the most expensive stop we made. We were tied up west of where you are, right near the two-story restaurant you can see in your photo, where the band played well past midnight, I think. Between the prices and the noise we have decided to skip Beaufort in the future. If we are heading south, it's an easy run from Oriental to Swansboro anyway.

Attachments

• DSC00042.jpg
    DSC00042.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 163
We dont mind it too much. Besides its Sunday and if we wanted quiet we would be on the hook somewhere in the Neuse. Bands will end early to ight and we are too tired for them to keep us up. Sure, we prefer MHCYB but Beaufort is a special place. We like to stop and enjoy it. Ow and then.

Tom-

Oh... And it filled up before dark.

Yep, $2.30/ft actually. $2.64 with power. But hey, vacation... whatever.

The big crapper is that somewhere along the way, the A/C broke. And it's HOT. ****!

That seems higher than it needs to be but if they filled the docks, why not?

Well AC fixed and tanks have been cleaned! Now i nust need to find the nerve to head out to Cape Lookout.

You will be fine going out to the "hook". We do it all the time. Just be careful of a falling tide against a southwest wind in the inlet. That can be a bit sloppy.

Chuck

Well... We made it to Cape Lookout early this morning, only to find the wind too nasty to stay comfortably for the night. Soooo... We decided to pull up anchor and stay at the Morehead City Yacht Basin. Well, apparently, the windlass thought it might be a good time to break and I found myself having to pull up almost 200' of chain by hand. *sigh*

Now, we get back only to find that NC is getting ready for the biggest heatwave in its history with temps of 105 and heat indices of 112-115. Looks like we better cut this trip short and spend the rest in the pool.

As a side note my tanks are clean. I even, as a precautionary measure, changed my fuel filters while at anchor.

Trip is good... could be better, but happy we're learning more and more about Skinny Dippin' and her... err... ummm... personality traits.

That north wind has been strong this week. Enjoy the MHC waterfront area. I think those predicted high temps are mostly for inland areas. Have rarely seen anything close to those temps here on the island. Enjoy your vacation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom