The new advertising on t.f. ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capn Craig

Guru
Not what I expected when I logged in today. Anybody else got one of these?

Attachments

• trawler ad.jpg
    trawler ad.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 159
Not what I expected when I logged in today. Anybody else got one of these?

DAMN, NO!! I'm so used to ignoring the ads I can't recall what they had on there. But I can guarentee you it wasn't that one. . . I would have noticed. :whistling:
LB

:rofl:Wait we must live close to each other. She's only 2.8 miles from me too!!

I'm not sure how to break this to you guys but Google targets those ads based on your history. In other words - if you have been looking for her then you are going to get an ad from her.

(I got an ad for a trailer hitch.)

Good point Bob. I do share this particular computer with my teenage sons. I'm liable to see some pretty entertaining ads:eek::lol:

I'm not sure how to break this to you guys but Google targets those ads based on your history. In other words - if you have been looking for her then you are going to get an ad from her.

------------------------------------

How did you get so lucky?? All I'm getting is a bunch of crud about boats and gear!!
LB

She's 2.8 miles from me too, here in TX.

Pffft. All I get is an ad from "The Economist". Save 85%! Whoo hoo.

The ads surprised me too, but not as much as seeing a picture of my own boat in one of the Cabela's spots.

Slowboat-Cabela's may owe you more than just an explanation. If the boat is readily identifiable, i.e. name showing or similar, they should have a release from you to use the image. MAybe get some free fishing gear in exchange?

She's 2.8 miles from me too, here in TX.

------------------------------------------------------------

I got some bad news for you boys. . . . . . Stephanie has moved!! She now lives 2.8 miles from me?? :rofl:

Attachments

• TF ad.gif
    TF ad.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 117
Stephanie the little vixen, she hasn't got to Australia yet.

No, now she's moved to my neighborhood!

Checking on the picture of my boat this morning I see the ad is now from Toyota and is on the far left of the box. The larger part is filled with an invitation to join Trawler Forum and the reasons you should do so. Then on the far right is my boat hanging on a buoy. Now, all this doesn't show until I log out, it's not there when I log in. I don't shop at Cabela's nor do I own a Toyota so maybe it's the T.F. that owes me the explanation. I'm not upset but I am curious.

At least they owe you a lifetime free subscription.

Attachments

• TFBanner.jpg
    TFBanner.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 112
She's now 2.8 miles from me in North Charleston, SC. And she wants to be my friend. I wonder if she knows how old I am? I wonder if she wants to be my wife's friend also?

Hey!!! she moved she is now 2.8 miles from me in Alaska.

Let's see. 2.8 miles she is in a cabin next to Portage glacier.

SD

Well. . . .I still wouldn't go there. . . I just found Stephanie"s real picture!!

Attachments

• cable guy.jpg
    cable guy.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 298
I like the full size picture on the right hand. She almost got a click last night but thanks to stuffing box thread she was saved.

Greetings,
Holy crap!!!

Sorry Mr. E. THIS is the real Steph...and after chatting for what seemed like hours she's real excited to meet me...

img_92064_1_33a3e528771ebe9f8fd6337b71b96bdd.jpg

Rendezvous is set for IHOP, their buffet. Afterwards we're off to Baskin Robbins for dessert. This is her favorite...
5847.jpg

She said this was an old picture taken last month before she changed her hair color AND before she started aerobics classes...

Last edited:

Um I can assure you I was not looking for her yet she is 2.8 miles from me as well??? :rofl: And before anyone says maybe someone else was looking for her on my computer--this is my work laptop so NO!

Greetings,
Mr. botn. I can assure you as well I have never looked for "her sort" nor am I the least bit interested. Today I saw ads for Ms. "All over the country", West Jet, the Bayliner $15K special, network solutions???, Kijiji autos, bank loans, Toyota???
Am I to assume from this melange that I am to fine tune my computer to find the best bank rate to buy my used Toyota to drive to the airport and chase Ms. "Questionable" around the country so we can go for a cruise on my "bargain" Bayliner? I'm sooo confused!!!

I'm currently in Juneau, so is Stephanie. If true, 2.8 miles is near the underground opening for the old AJ mine. I'm hot on her trail as soon as I get my gold pan and sourdough. First though is to work my way through the throng from 4 cruise ships likely all on the same quest.

That's my kinda gal right there.Skinny dippin?We will be chunky dunking and gunkholing. :lol:

img_92114_0_33a3e528771ebe9f8fd6337b71b96bdd.jpg

That's my kinda gal right there.Skinny dippin?We will be chunky dunking and gunkholing. :lol:

img_92116_0_33a3e528771ebe9f8fd6337b71b96bdd.jpg

As I said, I don't put up with high maintenance women.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom