Experiences with PFDs (life jackets) for swimming.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ben2go

Guru
Vessel Name
Shipoopi
Vessel Make
derilic sailboat
I have a back condition that causes my left leg to loose strength.If I am walking,I fall.I've been in and out of PT for it.When I swim,I wear a PFD.My current one is getting old and it was a cheapo from box mart.All the ones I find locally are to bulky and really rub my arm pits and arms.My local area isn't boater friendly.I will probably order online or make the journey, to the coast, to West Marine.What brands would you recommend for swimming without the chafe and bulkiness?I don't wear a shirt under my PFD.I'm also planning to pick up PFDs for the girlfriend and our children.

For swimming and water sports you want a vest that fits tight like a water sports vest. ½ wet suits also give some buoyancy and fit tight. For when away from the dock my wife and I wear automatic inflatable vests. For the grand children again a water sports vest that fits tight. In the PNW the water is cold so we also have ½ wet suits which help keep you a float and the body warm. When we head out, we will buy dry suits as part of the emergency gear as that is what most of the PNW scuba divers wear and many of the die hard water/sport.

Good quality ski jacket.

Thanks.

For swimming and water sports you want a vest that fits tight like a water sports vest. ½ wet suits also give some buoyancy and fit tight. For when away from the dock my wife and I wear automatic inflatable vests. For the grand children again a water sports vest that fits tight. In the PNW the water is cold so we also have ½ wet suits which help keep you a float and the body warm. When we head out, we will buy dry suits as part of the emergency gear as that is what most of the PNW scuba divers wear and many of the die hard water/sport.

I know the half suits you are talking about.I think they would be to hot here in the south east.I do plan to use the auto inflate type when I am in rough water.Those are way more comfy with clothing.I used to wear one when bass fishing.I don't know what ever happen to it. :nonono:

A lot of body fat helps.

img_91416_0_7ef049f73a58323ac53c40968cdaee3c.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom