drive belts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supertramp

Vessel Name
" Supertramp "
Vessel Make
Marine Trader Widebody 50 feet
I need an special drive belt:
PIX-Xset MB 2 HA 51 LI
but Pix is a india product.
Anybody has an idea?
Norbert

Greetings,
No cross reference anywhere? Or just wash off your old one really well and have a sanitary belt....

If you can take it to a real (old) auto parts store where the people can/will match it up. The new joints can't find their a$# without a computer.

I need an special drive belt:
PIX-Xset MB 2 HA 51 LI
but Pix is a india product.
Anybody has an idea?
Norbert

Is this a replacement belt? If so, where did you get the original? Can you get one from them? If it's on a piece of equipment, can you get the belt from the equipment manufacturer?

If I remember right Norbert is in Venezuela so parts stores may not be well stocked.
Maybe one of the segmented adjustable belts might fit? A friend who works on crew boat engines swears by them.

PowerTwist Plus V-Belts - Fenner Drives
Steve W

Thanks for you post.
The belts are 2 year old and a friend of this friend he has a friend send this belts from USA ! I cant find this man.
I have the replace belt in my hand but i cant find in internet a belt shop with PIX belt in USA.
I am living in Venezuela, this is correct.
The belts ( twinbandbelt o dobblebandbelt) drive my aircompressor for the stabi.
Greeting
Norbert

I believe if you bring your old belt to one of the equipment dealers Cat, Komatsu, John Deere, or similar they will be able to measure it with a simple tool they probably have on hand, they may have a belt to fit or with the measurements you can order one in the US or elsewhere.
Also on the internet there are some video clips showing how to measure a belt correctly do a search for "measure v belt".
This is and address for PIX belts in USA
http://www.pixusa.com/index.html
Steve W

Last edited:
Length and width aren't everything...not all sheaves are grooved the same. Just sayin'....

Look at "link drive belts" for another option.

Length and width aren't everything...not all sheaves are grooved the same. Just sayin'....

This is true.Some use a different angle and thus requires a more specialized belt.

I believe if you bring your old belt to one of the equipment dealers Cat, Komatsu, John Deere, or similar they will be able to measure it with a simple tool they probably have on hand, they may have a belt to fit or with the measurements you can order one in the US or elsewhere.
Also on the internet there are some video clips showing how to measure a belt correctly do a search for "measure v belt".
This is and address for PIX belts in USA
PIX USA, PIX Belts North American Distributor
Steve W

Hi Steve, i can t opening this link, i dont no why.
Norbert

This is true.Some use a different angle and thus requires a more specialized belt.

Yes, its comlicated - my belt is an twinbelt and are many typs are different.
But i have an original with number and all dates.
Norbert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom