Gimballed propane stove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jon

Vessel Name
Isle of Skye
Vessel Make
Bruckmann trawler
I'm looking for a 2 burner stove with oven, to fit in a 20 3/8 " cutout. All I've managed to find is a Foce 10 at just a little less than the cost of my boat. What alternative stoves are on the market?
Jon

Jon,

What kind of boat do you have that costs $ 1500.00??? I have the same problem ... my width cut-out is 21". Would need to make a bunch of drawers narrower. Try Sure Marine in Seattle at 206 784 9904.

Eric Henning
30 Willard
Thorne Bay Ak

Does Seaward Princess have any models to fit? FWIW we replaced the leaking Magic Chef stove/oven that was original to our boat with a new Force 10 when we bought the boat ten years ago. It's given terrific service, and the one time we needed factory support they were prompt and supplied the needed part at no cost in two days even though the stove was out of warranty. So in our opinion, while Force 10 is expensive, you get what you pay for.

Google "Harry Foukes" (or close) .

You should come up with a large marine store in the UK.

You will find "bot gas cooker , that work fine on gimballs.

FF

Many thanks for responses.
Found some reviews in the UK (calormarineshop.co.uk)which endorsed Marin's view that Force 10 , although expensive, was very reliable. One downside was the small, liable to corrosion, fasteners to change burner parts - but probably nothing a drill won't fix. The main limit for me is the width.
Jon

Jon,

To the mud flats with the stove Jon. I want to see bigger pictures of that gorgeous boat of yours.
It looks like what I wish my short Willard could become.

Eric Henning
30 Willard
Thorne Bay Ak

Many thanks,
I posted a larger picture as a test, in Technical Help/Tips on Posting Pictures.
I had wanted a Willard but couldn't find one when this one (Isle of Skye) came up. (There was a 40 Motorsailer in Galveston, but it seemed too big for me)
Jon

Back
Top Bottom