View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #82
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
While Tollycrafts are very well made boats and are excellent values for the type of people who like that kind of design, they are pretty much right at the bottom of the list of boats we would ever consider were we to decide to replace our current boat. In addition to quality and configuration, aesthetics are a significant factor in determining what we like, and Tolly's don't have any in our opinions.

The GB is miserably slow but it's built like a tank, and the 73-74 hull quality is something you simply don't get anymore in a production boat (thanks to the guy who built them).
Marin – Thank you for reply to my suggestion for assisting your faster-craft wishes. GB aesthetics look stodgy to us - In Our Opinion!

With no speaking between you and I it would be interesting to place our boats berth to berth with an hour of you getting on my Tolly for inspection and me on your GB for inspection. Then we could silently pass each other (with a nod if we liked to) on main dock and board our own boats for prompt departure – in different directions, of course. That exercise would give us at least a few months of intense forum banter as to whose boat is better built, or more comfortable, or portends best sea keeping abilities... and for what reasons.

The need for silence between you and I in person is self evident... as per interactions on most of our previous forum "debates".
Art is offline   Reply With Quote