Ad Supported Service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy R

I wanted to give you all a heads up that I'll be adding a few ads on the page in the coming days. Typically there is a small horizontal ad near the top and two rectangles in the right hand column. These ads provide this service for free just like ads provide the thousands of other services on the internet (like Google, facebook, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc). If you really don't like the ads there are some options.
1) You can disable the right hand column and thus you will not see the ads located there.
2) You can install an ad blocker which are available for most browsers (this sort of undermines why so many services are provided for free, but...)

I know this might not be the most popular addition to the site but it's a necessary evil and will ensure the site continues to run for many years to come. Our community will always remain 100% free to use the revenue to invest in new features.

Thanks for understanding.

Andy

As long as the ads are selling thong bikini's I don't think there will be a problem:D:D:D

Ads support our TV programming, newspapers, mags, social media, and most every other "free service" offered to the public. I have no problem with it as long as they are not too intrusive. In few places do we have the option of turning some ads off such as the right hand column here.

Andy R. and staff are not doing this for their health or as a public service. They are paying good money for this service. If the ads are too intrusive (in anyone's opinion), we have the right to walk. It will be their judgement as to the right mix of ads and content. Their success will rise and fall on their decisions. I wish them success and profit from this endeavor.

Now Tony and I just need to figure out how to get him to share it with us. :whistling:

:rofl::dance::lol::pirate:

Now Tony and I just need to figure out how to get him to share it with us. :whistling:

:rofl::dance::lol::pirate:

Note to Andy R: Don't let Gonzo! or Woodsong handle any money!:hide:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom