Cooper bottom paint legislation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edelweiss

Guru
Vessel Make
1976 Californian Tricabin LRC
I guess California finally did something right. Now lets hope Washington DC does the same thing!!

From Boats US Magazine:

California News

May 31, 2012

Sponsor of SB 623 withdraws bill California State Senator Christine Kehoe has withdraw Senate Bill 623, legislation which would have banned the use of copper anti-fouling paint on recreational boats in California. Working with the Recreational Boaters of California, Boat U.S. and representatives of the coatings industry, Senator Kehoe determined that it was appropriate to defer consideration of this legislation pending the outcome of several different studies and regulatory actions by the Federal Environmental Protections Agency and other California agencies.

Thank goodness! Good news from the land of fruits and nuts.

Back in the '80s, with the huge oil boom and everyone moving here, we had bumper stickers that said "Welcome to Texas! Now go home." Maybe we need to reinstate them. :)

Back in the '80s, with the huge oil boom and everyone moving here, we had bumper stickers that said "Welcome to Texas! Now go home." Maybe we need to reinstate them. :)

The problem is, for me anyway, is that all the "good" ones are leaving and headed your way...:banghead:

I guess California finally did something right. Now lets hope Washington DC does the same thing!!

From Boats US Magazine:

California News

May 31, 2012

Sponsor of SB 623 withdraws bill California State Senator Christine Kehoe has withdraw Senate Bill 623, legislation which would have banned the use of copper anti-fouling paint on recreational boats in California. Working with the Recreational Boaters of California, Boat U.S. and representatives of the coatings industry, Senator Kehoe determined that it was appropriate to defer consideration of this legislation pending the outcome of several different studies and regulatory actions by the Federal Environmental Protections Agency and other California agencies.
Today I participated in the quarterly meeting of the Marina Inter Agency Coordinating Committee where it was announced by a member of Senator Kehoe's staff that SB 623 will be reintroduced in the near future by an as yet unnamed legislator, who shares her committment to reduce copper in our coastal waterways.

Kehoe will be replaced by another wacko-enviro from the same party that controls the state. Just a matter of time when the bill will be re-introduced.

No copper.
So what is left.
Mud off the bottom of the harbor.

A clean bottom save's fuel.

Some people just don't get it. They want us all to just quit boating.
Go figgure.

SD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom