Counter Top Laminate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wade R

Vessel Name
INVICTUS
Vessel Make
1977 Marine Trader / PT
We are remodeling cabinets in a 1977 Marine Trader and was wondering if anyone knows who manufactures a "White Laminate" that will match our old counter tops.

The 3 major manufacturers are Wilsonart, Formica and Pionite. Look in the yellow pages and find where their distributors are located. They should have 100 to 200 different color samples each and more than likely, you will find an exact match. Most major kitchen cabinet dealers including places like Lowes sell laminate. I dont know if lowes has the complete chain of all the colors, but I suspect they do
Most if not all local cabinet shops have the chains with the colors.

You can now find a waterproof laminated MDF (wwod composite for furniture) It is cheap, you don't have to paint or varnish or anything. It is done as it is.

Look for Formica dealers or pre-mold furniture wood supliers

I have white laminate counter tops also. They look pretty dull and worn out.
I was wondering if there was a method to bring them back to life, like sanding and treating with something. My alternative would be to rip the whole thing out and replace it with Corian that would match the dinette table and the salon counter top. KJ

Yea i kept checking with the Corian dealer here untill he had a over run where they had to order a entire sheet to cut one small piece off of it, So the original customer ate the cost and it was able to work a deal with the dealer and scooped it up alot cheaper than any other type of top would have been.

I like the way you think.

The great part i took the scraps sink and cook top cut out, used a drill press and router and made coasters that match the counter top !!!!

Replaced ours last year, ripped up the old cracked Taiwanese laminate, installed 1/2" Baltic Birch to level and smooth the substrate, then installed new Formica, sink, taps and new trim. Looks pretty much as it did and thats what we wanted. We are very happy with the results, especially the Admiral.:):dance:

Attachments

• New Counter 1.jpg
    New Counter 1.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 146
  • New Counter 2.jpg
    New Counter 2.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 146
Mike,
The admiral has good taste. What a beautiful job.

Back
Top Bottom