View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Willy goes South

I was going to post this on Voyaging but Marin suggested here so ...
Had a long (8 hr) run to Ketchikan bucking tides (much 4.5knot running). Gotour errands done ... Eating out ect and made it to Foggy Bay. Shared the little inner cove w a big white boat and crossed Dixoin yesterday. Had some rough going and much smooth water including glassy oily seas.
Had/have an issue w a bad smell in out hot water. It's not of much use. I've determined it's not from engine coolant but related to the RV AF I put in for the winter. I used LOTS and it may have loosened up bottom sediment from the old tank .... One of the few things on Willy that didn't get attention during the refit 6 hrs ago.
Going to the west coast of Porcher Is and Pitt Is next. Then Estavan Sound ect until we get to Fjordland and then to Shearwater where I may check in next.
Ate in Smiles Cafe this morning .. Established in 1937. Many pics of the old days on the wall. All the sizable fish boats in the pics had Navy anchors and ALL had rounded sterns. Most all the pics of boats underway were obviously light in the stern.
Anchored in Very Inlet by Foggy Bay. Was next to another boat so used a conventional anchor ..... Claw.
Later
Eric
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote