Teak Joints

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forget about the cool-aid - I want to know more about those teak 'joints' you guys 'seam' to be smoking...:lol:

Forget about the cool-aid - I want to know more about those teak 'joints' you guys 'seam' to be smoking...:lol:

It's great stuff AND it's not a controlled substance. Takes awhile to get used to the heavy black smoke though.

I confess! I'm on the wagon. I got rid of all my teak joints! Nice white cool fiberglass decks. No more leaky teaky. No more teaK joints,
Marin - Thanks for the compliment! I mean it. Rebuilding Scout over the last 4 years has been a labor of love. We should be in the water in two weeks. I think even you and the experts on the GB forum would be impressed with the results. I will post pictures soon,
BTW - I don't do Cessna's. I sold my Saratoga when we sold the construction companies. After a few thousand hours in the left seat, I do miss it.
You must have a really smart dog! My delusions stay away as long as I stay on my meds. Have you taken yours today?

The boat looks great in the avatar and other photos you've posted from time to time.

I did Pipers (Cherokee 140, 160, 180, and Six), then Cessnas (150, 172, 182, 206, T206, a Mooney Chapparal, then Rockwells and a Citabria, then Cessnas on floats (172, 180 180KAH), and finally the Beaver. Some time in a Turbo Beaver and the Vazar Dash-3 turbine Otter conversion, both on floats. Also a bit of time in a Top Cub. The 206 on wheels (it's a dog on floats) was my favorite until I started flying the Beaver.

I'd like to see photos of your completed boat, particularly the inside. I envy people who are retired and have the time to work over a boat properly as you have been doing the last few years. Even though we use our boat year round-- and we do go places farther away than "our" island although it makes a great weekend getaway because the public can't go there-- we are always playing catch-up in terms of brightwork, canvas, etc. That's why we leave the blue doilies on the boat most of the year. Does wonders for the longevity of the finish which we simply don't have time to keep after properly if the finish was exposed to the weather year-round.

So we do the best we can and use the boat as often as we can.

Our dog is very smart indeed. He probably knows a lot more about driving our boat properly than we do. Problem is he's been having difficulty with his language skills so by the time he tells me what I should be doing it's generally too late.

Now I've got to go out and continue the process of encouraging job transfer from the US to China.:)

Last edited:
I think we need to get Marin and Anode a room where they can "You show me yours and I'll show you mine":dance::dance::dance:

I gotta trade my iPad in cause it doesn't seem to have as many words as Marin's. Alls I can say, I love all the reading though :popcorn:

Being a professional writer is no different than being a professional musician or athlete. Practice, practice, practice.

Back
Top Bottom