View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
Pappy Chris
Veteran Member

City: Aransas Pass TX
Vessel Name: Moonshine
Vessel Model: Marine Trader 40'
Lo and behold I finally got to the bottom of the tub. My tub in fact does have a threaded retainer on the drain. Whom ever attached the hose to the tub tail piece used some sort of adhesive and clamped it. (dirty sob).
The rubber hose was brittle enough to brake off. I then used a razor knife to slice what was left on the tub. After 2-3 hours of work I finally got it off with the help of some carburetor cleaner to soften the hose and adhesive. The hose has 2 bronze 90* elbows in it. One goes below the tub up against the tail piece and the other makes the bend to drop the water in the shower box. I'm going to replace the hose with nylon reinforced vinyl hose. I bought an 8" access plate and cut a 6" hole in the front apron of the tub for access. Then used a long blade in my recip saw and trimmed the floor just inside the the opening so I could get my arm down in there to work on it. Will post some pictures of this mess soon. When it's done it should look fine and work.

This weekend the how water heater tank decided to stop holding water. Ugggg. Found a good one (11 gallon) online for $225.
Pappy Chris is offline   Reply With Quote