View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #12
refugio
Guru

City: Meydenbauer Bay Yacht Club
Vessel Name: Lulu (Refugio sold)
I've had 20+ for brief trips on Lake Washington / Lake Union in nice weather (e.g. watch the Blue Angels shows during SeaFair, about 2 miles from my slip).

My limiting factor is my single head - we had it clog once with about 12 people on board and we made a beeline back to the dock!

While my boat is an "uninspected passenger vessel" I try to adhere to the standards for inspected vessels (subject to 46 CFR Subchapter T, aka "T boats"). The relevant section is 115.113 - Passengers permitted, as outlined in paragraph (b):
(b) The maximum number of passengers permitted on any vessel may be the greatest number permitted by the length of rail criterion, deck area criterion, or fixed seating criterion...

(1) Length of rail criterion. One passenger may be permitted for each 760 millimeters (30 inches) of rail space available to the passengers at the periphery of each deck.

(2) Deck area criterion. One passenger may be permitted for each 0.9 square meters (10 square feet) of deck area available for the passengers' use.

(3) Fixed seating criterion. One passenger may be permitted for each 455 millimeter (18 inches) of width of fixed seating...Each sleeping berth in overnight accommodation spaces shall be counted as only one seat.
refugio is offline   Reply With Quote