Exterior Hull color Harkers island trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeybadger

Vessel Name
HoneyBadger
Vessel Make
1990 Harkers Island Trawler Typical wooden hull with a Carolina flare and no deadrise at the stern
Ok i am preping the topside and the upper hull for paint, Color seems to be the problem i am keeping the wheel house White with one accent stripe down the side. What color should the hull be, Navy blue with red accents, Red with Navy accents, Green with some Gold/Yellow accents,Sea Foam Green with white accents, Toss out any ideas guys i am needing input, i want the traditional trawler/tug look but classy. What color would the HoneyBadger want with a homeport or Party Cove,NC :dance:

Everyone has their own favourite colour scheme, but here is my suggestion.....

Dark green hull with a gold stripe for accent, plus some anti-glare beige/yellow on the foredeck. (Not too yellow as you don't want your pride and joy to look like a John Deere tractor!)

Have fun with it!

Paint it white. How can you beat this:

Attachments

• all to 12-15-09 125.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 125.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 125
Honey coloured hull, Badger coloured boot stripe of course! You need to own a Badger hair brush for your varnish anyway, so match your boot stripe to the dark part of the brush. You could do the hull the light colour from the brush to be sure of a compatible match.

Thanks guys changed the way i was thinking, i am going to get my buddy to photoshop some colors on it and see what way to go, darker wheel house and lighted hull sounds cool !

So true Conrad as it is now, Not only will it blind you on the fore deck but is slick as a honeybadgers Azz when its wet, Fixed that on my little boat with that texture additave, painted it sprinkled it on, let it dry painted it again and it worked great.

Measured the boat for prospective , Bow is 5 feet above the water line, Stern 3 feet above the water line.Wheel house at the center of the boat is 6 feet above the rub rail at the top of the hull shear line. 9 foot beam, 2 ft 2 inches draft 24 ft in the water 30 feet from pulpit to swim deck.

Boat Colors

Needless to say I am a fan of dark hull. But be warned, dark paint scratces white. White scratches white. Nearly every other boat I see has a white hull. Be different. Mine is Hatteras off white over dark blue. Red bottom paint and accents. Why make a real boat look like another bar of Ivory soap. Photoshop is a good thing for experimentation

:darker wheel house and lighted hull sounds cool !"

Not during the day time , dark gets hot.

FF

Yes beware of dark colours, my sunrunner has a dark red hull and the maintanence to keep it polished and nice is very time consuming.

Yes expat i learned this last year with a dark blue Navy hull on a 40fter , it was always covered with salt if offshore and dock rubs from fenders.

Hot pink with purple stripe and neon green boot stripe. :lol:

I am partial to navy hull with white top sides or darker green with almond color topsides.I do get the salt and scuff thing mentioned earlier,but I still like a darker hull color.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom