Windshield wiper refills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith

Guru
Vessel Name
Anastasia III
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
It's beginning to look like these are going the way of the rotary dial phone. I need some Anco type refills, but it appears that all the auto stores only sell complete wiper assemblies now. Anybody else notice this? I'm either going to have to order them on the web, or take off my wiper blades and figure out what kind of replacements to use. Ideas?

It's easiest to replace the entire blades. That's what I did. You might find the rubber inserts on the Internet.

You might try Fisheries Supply but from buying replacement blades there years ago and seeing what they had in the store I suspect rwidman is correct in that blade inserts are going to be a tough find. Fisheries may have more stuff listed in their on-line catalog than what they have in the store, however, so it's probably worth a short search.

I put the new style Bosch blades on my truck a few years ago. Unbelieveable improvement over the older style assemblies. They haven't streaked, chattered or frozen up (yea we get ice in Connecticut).
I'll bet they would be really nice on the boat. :dance:

I didn't have good luck with the Bosch blades. Maybe it's all the refineries around here, but they didn't last that long and chattered a lot in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom