View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
Fighterpilot

Did some no load test with laser photo tach. Actual crankshaft rpm about 50 to 75 rpm higher than tach gages are indicating. So possibly at wot of tach gage reading of 2700 I'm getting close to making 2800 rated. Won't really know where I am until get the boat back out with fishing load, but suspect overproped with the 22x24 3 blades. Fishing load will be 300-400 lbs more than we were the other day when we got the 2700rpm wot reading. We'll see what the laser photo tach reads on the way to the fishing ground. Don't know if we will be close enough with the Natural 210 HP Cat or not, but suspect I won't pull boat to reduce pitch until the fall when we get a haul out for whatever. I buy a hurricane haul out parking space, just in case, but if we don't haul out for hurricane I get one free haul out with that package. My insurance doesn't cover loss do to hurricane but it is 1/2 the cost so use the balance to cover the hurricane haul out fee, which if not used still gets me a free haul out and block for 5 days. So not all is lost.
Fighterpilot is offline   Reply With Quote