Haulout Central America either coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

African Queen

Vessel Name
African Queen
Vessel Make
Northern Marine 80' Expedition Trawler
Can anyone suggest a haulout facility for 180 tons? 80'L 26'B 7D Cruising down from Mexico to Panama on the east coast then up to San Diego on the west coast. I would like to haul for a bottom job soon.
Cheers, John

Rio Dulce Guatemala. There are two yards. The 7 ft draft is going to make it difficult to get in.
There are some yards in Honduras that I'm not familiar with. South of there you're toast.

John - I went back and looked at info I received from a friend when I was down there last winter.
La Ceiba shipyard is on the mainland of Honduras across from Roatan. I believe this is your best shot. I have no knowledge of the quality of their work. I don't think safety is a problem there.
LA CEIBA SHIPYARD & MARINA - Home

Try the Honduran Navy Yard at Puerto Cortez, Honduras. Another option may be Shelter Bay Marina, across the bay from Colon.

Try the Honduran Navy Yard at Puerto Cortez, Honduras. Another option may be Shelter Bay Marina, across the bay from Colon.

We stopped at Shelter Bay last November and unfortunately their travel lift is only a 100 tons.

There are a few commercial dry docks and at least one marine railway on the Pacific side of Panama that can handle 180 tons and 80'. Try contacting Peter Stevens. He's a shipping agent in Panama with a good track record and usually handles vessels over 65'. He'll be able to help if Panama works for you with either a haul out and/or the canal transit.

Peter Stevens
Delfino Maritimo
261-3977 or 261-1913 or 6735-7535
delfinomaritime@hotmail.com

Can anyone suggest a haulout facility for 180 tons? 80'L 26'B 7D Cruising down from Mexico to Panama on the east coast then up to San Diego on the west coast. I would like to haul for a bottom job soon.
Cheers, John

John: I asked Captain Pat Rains your question here's her response:

...on the Pacific and looking for a yard en route to San
Diego, then the S.E.N.I. yard in Mazatlan (Servicios Navales E Industriales) has a marine ways that handles up to 900 T.
http://www.seni.com.mx/ It's located about a mile up the channel of the Old Port, past the cruise ship and Pemex docks. SENI is a big yard, handles lots of larger motoryachts and commercial vessels, high standards, not flakes...

i see you have Belize as your location, are you in Belize now? I dont think I would take her up the Rio Dulce, and I dont believe Ram Marina, in the Rio, could handle her. BB

Back
Top Bottom