View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
Capn Craig
Guru

If it were me I'd change out the trim pump, It is a real easy task. Only 2 hydraulic lines. Takes a 9/16 wrench if my memory serves me. They are single line per cylinder with a spring return. I never did anything special to bleed the lines, when I changed out the pump on the last boat. I believe they will burp themselves.
My 34 LRC ran 19.5knts when I had it surveyed. That was with full fuel and water tanks, and a very dirty bottom. It hadn't been run in several months, and was real 'hairy' when we pulled it to inspect the bottom. . From what I recall, the trim tabs only help at slower speeds. At or near full throttle the boat ran a whole lot free'er without the tabs. The heavy bow spray disappears, and the whole thing is lighter on its feet. I've got 200 perkins instead of your 210 Cats, but I'm guessing your heavier engines would make a difference in a good way since the weight is forward. I bent the props too soon to have a lot of experience with performance, but with luck I should be back floating with one new and one rebuilt props by Memorial day hopefully.
Capn Craig is offline   Reply With Quote