Vallejo, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giggitoni

Guru
Vessel Name
Mahalo Moi
Vessel Make
1986 Grand Banks 42 Classic
Vallejo Marina red diesel=$4.45/gal. Renters of their slips get a 10% discount which brought my price down to $4.01.

Better than the $4.72 (106 gallons for $500) at the Emeryville Marina.* Fortunately, only got a 1/3 fill up.

I've been refueling at Vallejo for three years and never had a problem. However, I would feel more comfortable pumping from a location which sold fuel in greater volumes than Vallejo. They have a 5,000 gallon tank and don't go through it very quickly, according to the attendant that sold it to me. Emeryville probably runs through theirs quicker. So, even though the price is right....is the fuel quality as good? Probably. Time will tell!

Pittsburg City Marina is a poke, but $3.99 with the fuel additive already in. no discounts for quantity of berthers as they pump enough to keep them happy any way.

Rode with a friend to Village West Marina in Stockton (Fourteenmile Slough) and paid $3.48 for diesel. Antioch had just gotten a new load, but had not yet received the invoice so the price had not yet been adjusted. They were expecting a price south of $3.50.

Ugh. The Vallejo Municipal Marina has dropped its resident-berther discount from ten percent to five. Several weeks ago I paid a bit under $4 a gallon (with the reduced discount) for diesel there.

Ya' know, Mark, I was just thinking about our 10% to 5% drop in discount and have been thinking about shopping for fuel elsewhere. I'm down to 200 gallons on board and need about 400 more, or so. Perhaps Pittsburg, Antioch, or? Also, it's likely that busier locals are going through greater volume lessening the chance for shipping on bad fuel. Where would you go?

Village west is worth the run if your buying quanity

Rode with a friend to Village West Marina in Stockton (Fourteenmile Slough) and paid $3.48 for diesel. Antioch had just gotten a new load, but had not yet received the invoice so the price had not yet been adjusted. They were expecting a price south of $3.50.
Make sure you call first as they sometimes are out, come in on a high tide if possible.

Perhaps Pittsburg, Antioch, or? Also, it's likely that busier locals are going through greater volume lessening the chance for shipping on bad fuel. Where would you go?

Don't think it would be worthwhile unless going to or passing by there on a boating adventure. And you previously said you've never gotten bad fuel in Vallejo.

Ouch! You need four hundred gallons on top of the 200? The Coot's four fuel tanks hold about 320 gallons: enough to get to Victoria BC if the inclination was there (not now, anyway).

I'm fairly heavy on fuel now. But it would probably be wise for me to pick up a cheap 80 gallons on the way back from the Delta on the anticipated Independence Day trip.

Last edited:
Also, it's likely that busier locals are going through greater volume lessening the chance for shipping on bad fuel.

The three times I bought fuel at the Vallejo Marina, there was always someone already there at the fuel dock getting a load. Had to wait at least 20 minutes and more tied up to the guest dock each time. And those were weekdays when one sees very few, if any, recreational boats moving about. My (delusional) impression is they are pumping fuel constantly until after I've fueled up. (No one ever is waiting for me to fuel up.) Or someone always gets the idea to get fuel just before Mark does, just because.

On the Delta, the cheapest fuel that I knew of was at Pittsburg. Antioch and Benicia were both expensive and even though I moored at Antioch I would refuel at Pittsburg.

You are paying a lot less for fuel than we are. My last fill up in April was $4.15 per gallon Diesel.

Last edited:
Hoping for a change in fuel price

Pittsburg is stll at 4.24 for diesel

Pittsburg is stll at 4.24 for diesel

Well things have sure changed since we were there. We left in May of 2010, at that time Pittsburg was the cheapest.
But $3.50 in Stockton would be a great price anywhere. We are presently hitting 4.25 up here. Our prices at the pump for cars rose $0.15 per gallon last weekend due to claims that one of our refineries was taking longer to get back on line after a fire they had earlier in the year. I haven't looked at the dock price lately as I filled up in March at $4.16.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom