Perkins 4-108 stop solenoid location?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kolive

Guru
Hello,

After returning from the Willard Rendevous, we pulled into our slip and the stop button for the engine did nothing. After trying to locate the problem for several minute I finally pulled the air filter and blocked the air supply to shut it down. I've been searching and reading about the possible problem and it sounds like a potential solenoid issue. I cannot seem to find a diagram anywhere that could help me locate this bugger. Anyone have a diagram or can possible tell me where to find this? We have a shut down stop button on the inside helm dash and up on the flybridge. Maybe it is not a solenoid and someone out there can give me an idea of where to look. The engine is a Perkins 4-108

Thanks,

Keith Olive
La Conner, WA
WIllard 30/4

Hello,

After returning from the Willard Rendevous, we pulled into our slip and the stop button for the engine did nothing. After trying to locate the problem for several minute I finally pulled the air filter and blocked the air supply to shut it down. I've been searching and reading about the possible problem and it sounds like a potential solenoid issue. I cannot seem to find a diagram anywhere that could help me locate this bugger. Anyone have a diagram or can possible tell me where to find this? We have a shut down stop button on the inside helm dash and up on the flybridge. Maybe it is not a solenoid and someone out there can give me an idea of where to look. The engine is a Perkins 4-108

Thanks,

Keith Olive
La Conner, WA
WIllard 30/4

I'm not that familiar with the 4-108, I have Perkins 6-354's, but the stop solenoid will be close to your injector pump. If it is a CAV rotary pump, it will have a lever on the pump and linkage to the Stop solenoid which when activated by you pushing the stop button, pulls the lever up to shut off fuel supply from the pump. the solenoid will have one electrical wire. Check your wiring connections first and a volt/ohm meter maybe helpful. Connections are usually the problem.

Same for my 4.236. A small bellcrank near the fuel injector pump, connected to a solenoid and a cable.

Solenoid

Thanks everyone. I found it in a photo I had taken of the engine after I had it pulled to do transmission seals. Now when I get up there the week of June 18th I'll get to check it out. It is right by the injection pump with a rubber diaphram hose and lever on it. One wire going to it.

Back
Top Bottom