Sorry to bother, but I need help with IDing this boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somehow I think we are talking to ourselves. I haven't seen the OP for some time. Maybe our comments scared him off. I hope not.

I imagine him considering other options. Regardless, it's all a matter of informing/entertainting each other.

Regardless, it's all a matter of informing/entertainting each other.
Plus it adds to the "body of knowledge" hoovered into search engines so that the next potential owner with a similar situation can bask in our wisdom. :)

Last eve I sent this thread's OP Snaresamn a friendly PM asking him to post again. :thumb: We shall see. :confused:

BTW - Nothing wrong with talking to ourselves... jst mite lrn somtin! :dance:

Yeah, for the most part I've been looking into other options, but in my area there just aren't that many. It seems like I'd be better off moving if I want to find a good deal on a decent boat because around here people only seem to own pontoons, fishing boats and ski-doos.

Just as a note by the way, when I asked about whether it would be able to perform in coastal waters I meant very close to shore around the gulf of Mexico or along the Atlantic coast most likely. However, if I ever did restore the boat to working condition, I would most likely sell it a few years later and try to upgrade. I guess I'm just still really undecided. All of your posts have been very helpful and surprisingly non-condescending so thank you very much everyone.

Thanks for posting again Snaresamn. :thumb:

Good that we/I didn't make you feel too uncomfortable. Many pro and cons were posted. I believe we try to tell it like we see it... I lean on the side of caution re using any boats and some others don't. I think honest personal experience and input comes from the vast majority on this Forum. There may be one or two screw balls... but in general they only provide thoughtless one liners. Pay them no heed. :rolleyes:

If you get that house boat, fix her, use her and then sell her for eventual up grade... all the more power to ya! :socool:

In my considered, experienced opinion you should stay well in shore and not on the shore or off shore in an ocean, even with that boat in great condition... you and passengers only die once, and in an ocean storm it does not take too long ot drown if a boat fails and sinks. In any ocean a sudden storm can occur or waves from an off shore storm can suddenly appear... seemingly out of nowhere, I know I've seen that happen in New England's Atlantic waters. IMHO that craft is not in the condition or of the general hull design to handle ANY truly rough waters... sooo it should not be put in areas where that might suddenly happen She simply does not have the seafaring capabilities of a well designed Trawler hull. :eek:

Again, I say welcome to this Forum and your future Boating Daze!! Get It On! :popcorn: - Art :D

Back
Top Bottom