window treatments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motion30

Guru
what are you guys using for window treatments Wish to add curtains to add some color to my salon Short curtains ( 40'') seem to be hard to find Ideas?

Wife made custom window treatments for years so we had no problems. This is what she made, might give you some ideas. First pic is salon, second is aft cabin.

Attachments

• IMG_0882.jpg
    IMG_0882.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0875.jpg
    IMG_0875.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 113
A couple of years ago we took off the window curtains for cleaning. The salon "grew" much bigger without them, so we never put them back up.

ancora
yea get that I need privacy as I am full time in a marina I was hoping it would look ok Any other suggestions?

My first option was buying 80'x42' panels, turning them sideways and hanging that way. Then I went with exterior window covers...both in Canvas and Mesh. (1 set of each)

I will attach pictures later when I get home from work, unless Tom gets to it first. :)

You can see lots of pictures of both on our blog...

www.adventuresofskinnydippin.blogspot.com

As promised...pix of the interior and exterior curtains. We too took the interior curtains down for some reason and realized how much bigger and open the salon felt. Now we just have the exterior shades.

Attachments

• Canvas Window Shades.jpg
    Canvas Window Shades.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Salon.jpg
    Salon.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Salon2.jpg
    Salon2.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 108
  • P1000910.jpg
    P1000910.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 98
  • P1000908.jpg
    P1000908.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 103
I'm partial to mini blinds...but day/night shades (down for semitransparent/up for opaque) have a strong pull for the mater stateroom for those morning sleeping in just sounds too good.

Depending on the climate you live in , you might consider WARMSHADES or their equal in drapes to save either heat or air cond.

Window glass has zero insulation , at best it will keep the rain out.

FF

Good Point FF. The Sunbrella exterior shades are UV blocking and reduce the interior temps ALOT. Those interior curtains I made were blackout/thermal curtains...helped some with heat retention in the winter....not alot, but some.

what are you guys using for window treatments Wish to add curtains to add some color to my salon Short curtains ( 40'') seem to be hard to find Ideas?

I have curtains that are original to the boat.

You could:

1) Buy longer curtains and cut and hem them.

2) Make custom curtains.

3) Pay someone to make curtains for you.

Back
Top Bottom