Test only...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I log in, I and click on my name, I don't get a listing of recent topics, I get a screen that says something like "There are no posts on this forum yet. Be the first to post on this forum.
Mr. Phil I did not post "Test Only" for frivolous reasons. I started experiencing what I described above yesterday and was simply testing to see if the site was down or having some other sort of problem. I don't give a fiddlers fart how many posts I make I'm not keeping track or taking part in any sort of contest here I just want my boat fix.
Since some people can read, study and respond, the problem might be at my end although I have made no changes to my computor that I am aware of.

OK, just logged off and on again and my posts show up on the "Trawler Forum" page but NOT on the "Trawler Forum->Home" page that I get when I click on my "logged in as name" I have to go into the general discussion to see what has been posted. I have allowed Pop-ups on this site....Ideas?

RTF, go to the technical help section and read thru the problems there. Clearing your cookies comes to mind to try first. But take a look over there and if you come up with nothing, make a post over there. Doug is the more technical one on here. He might be able to help.

RTF---

John's suggestion to clear the cookies from your web browser's preferences is a good one. Web forums like this load cookies onto your computer to keep track of things. For example, if you clear all the "trawler forum" cookies, you will find that the next time you open this site you will need to log in from scratch, as the cookie that automatically logs you in to the forum will be gone. But cookies, even from other websites, can be a source of conflict and can confuse things to the degree you are experiencing now. This may not be the source of the problem you are having, but it's a good place to start.

Test thread from general discussion

OK, deleted all cookies, still seeing same thing as before.....logged off, logged on, read problems encountered in Technical help, fed dog, kissed wife....ah well, I'll wait and see....

Test thread from general discussion

You haven't been using your mouse with your right hand have you? Or perhaps if you'd turn off the hall light before you try to log on. Did you buy Chevron instead of Arco? Change toothpaste brands? Did you read the B section of the newspaper before the A section? All these things matter you know..........

Ken Buck

-- Edited by Phil Fill at 19:49, 2008-02-05

RE: Test thread from general discussion

RTF,

Did you also delete files and the history?* Or just the cookies?* If deleting the files and clearing the history doesn't do it you could try removing and reinstalling Java.

Good luck!
smile.gif

Hello Doug,
Yes I've deleted history, cookies, files, everything I could. Removing and re-installing Java or ANY program, for that matter, is beyond my skill level. I'm still getting the "There are no posts in this forum yet. Be the first to post one!" message under the Recently Active topics heading. I've been dealing with this inconvenience by just going to the main page and looking for recent posts under the various headings. It's a pain, but miles better than PMM that is slowly but surely p*ssing me off-big time.....Thanks

Another thing that might help is to delete preferences if you have not already tried that. Delete the preferences of whatever web browser you use. When you re-open the web browser it will create a new preferences file.

Back
Top Bottom