Old 04-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #261
psneeld
Guru

City: Avalon, NJ
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpierce View Post
Per the USCG documentation center: "The name and hailing port of a recreational vessel must be marked together on some clearly visible exterior part of the hull. The vessel name of a commercial vessel must also be marked on the port and starboard bow and the vessel name and the hailing port must also be marked on the stern. All markings may be made by any means and materials that result in durable markings and must be at least four inches in height, made in clearly legible letters of the Latin alphabet or Arabic or Roman numerals. The "hailing port" must include both a place and a State, Territory, or possession of in the United States. The state may be abbreviated." (emphasis added)

Thus, rules for locating name and hailing port of a recreational vessel are very flexible.
Thanks...I keep forgetting..I think they changed that awhile back to make it easier/nicer for recs...kinda like I think they are more flexible with names than they used to be because of the huge increase in documented rec boats.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote