threshold for sliding door on 390 2004

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MollyB

Vessel Name
Andiamo
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
Has anyone had a lot of rusting problems with this? Is it worth trying to find a replacement or just sanding it down?

Hard to say without more information.

A few pics would help.

What is a 390 2004.

SD

Some people on the Mainship Forum on Yahoo have used this product with some success when the door rollers failed. I have a 2003 MS390 and I use a liquid teflon spray on the track about once a month and slide the door open a few times. This lubricates the rollers and clears any crap out between the rollers and threshhold. Sliding door repair, sliding door track, sliding door rollers

John
MS390

Last edited:
I'm not sure why the website did not come up, but click on the underlined part and it brings you to the site
John

Has anyone had a lot of rusting problems with this? Is it worth trying to find a replacement or just sanding it down?

ANYTHING that rusts on a boat is worth trying to find a replacement for.

By threshold...what exactly do you mean? As Skipperdude posted...pics always help.

If the link you posted means it's the part that your door slides on...then yes a teflon or coated material light be best...then again all you ight need is a stainless lower track.

Last edited:
MollyB responds re: Mainship 390 2004 aluminum slider threshold

OK, much appreciated all your responses. The threshold is what the sliding glass doors rest on...not sure its the nautical term...someone had already painted without priming...so we scraped it down to the alum. and thought we'd try just naked alum...with perhaps a wax...? The rollers are a little iffy so we'll keep in mind the teflon...thanks, Johnma...stainless may be the way to go next year...

Back
Top Bottom